PDA

View Full Version : Character Models Disappearing in GH

markusdabrave
02-10-2022, 10:41 AM
Got a peculiar issue I've noticed. After an extended /afk time in the guild hall, my character models disappear. Funny enough, whatever their primary and secondary items are it stays. Seems to only happen in the guild hall. I remember being afk in the tutorial and not seeing this. It's not a big deal, but I'm curious as to what might be causing it.

I dug around on the forums and didn't find anything about this, but it could have been my search terms.

Huppy
02-10-2022, 12:02 PM
After an extended /afk time in the guild hall, my character models disappear.

Not sure about the "hall". but there was some scripting in the /quests/guildlobby/player.pl that set a toon to 127 race (invisible man) when you were idle/afk for 20 minutes.

markusdabrave
02-10-2022, 01:22 PM
That sounds exactly like it. We're all basically shadowed men. Do recall what/if there was a fix for it? Sounds like some event npc randomly doing stuff.

famaccounts
02-10-2022, 06:39 PM
That sounds exactly like it. We're all basically shadowed men. Do recall what/if there was a fix for it? Sounds like some event npc randomly doing stuff.

There's nothing to fix. Its a serverside script that is intentionally doing it to prevent lag in highly populated zones.