PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer Snares

SuperFunTime
06-02-2022, 09:08 PM
I tried changing the priorities on Engulfing/Dooming/Cascading darkness (via HeidiSQL, but Necromancer bots never seem to use these spells.

I've tried multiple values (3, 2 nd 1 - I read lower = high priority).

Any suggestions for getting this to work?

Tossica
06-03-2022, 10:16 AM
I don't use bots but for NPCs I will generally create a custom spellset for them that includes only the spells I want them to use and then set priority on that smaller subset.

SuperFunTime
06-04-2022, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried a number of things, but it feels like there is some sort of hard code against Necromancer bots using their snare.

I discovered alongside the priority, all the spell chances were 0 in all stances for spell type 7 (aka 128, aka snare) for class 11 (Necro).

Even setting them to 100 for every stance seemed to have no effect. I also copied the numbers the bot was using for Dots as it casts them often but no dice.

Tried a custom entry in the bot spell entries, no luck there.

I wonder if it might have something to do with a code designed not to interfere with MEZ, as DRU/RNG snare can be used without waking.

Classing the spell as a dot unfortunately did not fix this either.

Etilia
06-09-2022, 10:10 PM
Hi! Leave stance stats at default, set stance to balanced, set priority of snare to 1 and type to 256, set other spells to priority 2+. Enjoy!