PDA

View Full Version : Offical 0.4.1 Bug List.

Baron Sprite
12-23-2002, 08:15 AM
Please list any bugs you find when using 0.4.1

just_add_water
12-23-2002, 09:24 AM
Btw providing enough data to recreate the bug is a must, so provide stuff like level,race,class,location etc..

just_add_water
12-23-2002, 09:36 AM
BUG
Can't click off merchant buy/sell screen(ie click done), have to zone to fix. Works with any merchant

Darkmatter
12-23-2002, 01:52 PM
When i zone im 100ft im the air and i die everytime.is there a bugfix for this????

Piska
12-23-2002, 04:12 PM
Darkmatter, are you zoning IE using zone lines or using zone command because most zone lines aren't done yet.

just_add_water
12-23-2002, 05:20 PM
god, what did i just say!?! from what zone to what zone? using a command or a zonepoint?

a_Guest03
12-23-2002, 06:41 PM
Throwing didn't work for my level 1, 3, or 65 iksar monk throwing shuriken at a guard. I was on Freedom Alliance. I tried this in Field of Bone and Cabilis East.

MorissaQ1
12-23-2002, 07:58 PM
but you did mean modem users CAN log in now right? I tried 3 seperate servers, and couldn't make a character on any of them....tried numerous times, it kept disconnecting me and sending me back to server selection. I'm not sure if this is a bug , or just my horrible modem..but it worked before this update.

ozme
12-24-2002, 06:51 AM
No matter what server i get dissconnected

DeletedUser
12-24-2002, 08:51 AM
You guys getting disconnected, where do you get disconnected at? At character select? What happens, what type of internet connection are you on, what is your datarate.txt set at? Which server (have you tried Hogie bane or any DR-3 servers). DR3 should have some fixes in the world to allow people on dialup to login again (to character select)

personman
12-24-2002, 04:49 PM
Morissa, sounds like you have a corrupt DB...i had the same problem a while back, cause i tried editing an item, and i didnt do what i was supposed to, and blah blah blah...So what i did was delete my DB on mysql, then create a new one. That was the only thing that helped me out. But if your having problems going LD as soon as you enter a zone, you can change your Datarate file (in the EQ directory) It should be at 5.0. Just change it to 10.0 and try.

Virt
12-25-2002, 03:22 AM
You guys getting disconnected, where do you get disconnected at? At character select?
yes, at character select
What happens, what type of internet connection are you on,
i'm on 44.5Kbps dialup connection
what is your datarate.txt set at?
Which server (have you tried Hogie bane or any DR-3 servers). DR3 should have some fixes in the world to allow people on dialup to login again (to character select)
i tried all green DR3 servers[/quote]

just_add_water
12-25-2002, 10:05 AM
Virt, lower your datarate. Higher numbers are for broadband

MorissaQ1
12-25-2002, 04:41 PM
on ANY server, I tried all green ones..and 2 white ones that had plenty of people on..About the database..do I need to use that addon DB thing that you guys have for download here? I'm not too sure why that would be the problem..Not trying to run a server here. But , I will try adding the database if anyone can confirm that...

edit: Oh also, i'm on a poor phone line, highest connection speed right now is 33600..datarate is 9.0.

bigpimpin707
12-25-2002, 05:58 PM
i dunno if you would call this a bug but every time i create a character on the freedom alliance server the character comes out lookin totally different than what i had selected, any way i can fix this or is it a server thing

Virt
12-26-2002, 03:17 AM
Virt, lower your datarate. Higher numbers are for broadband

i tried 5.0 but this did not help

mudman
12-26-2002, 06:58 AM
RE: Not getting on with dailup

Configuration:
win2k or win98se
connecting at 45k with 56k USR voicemodem pro or USR Courrier
patched and unpatched EQ versions
Datarate 1.0,2.0,5.0,7.0, and 10

Results:
same thing client modem sends at character select screen but does not get response from server. no error messages on server. disconnect message back to server select in about 1 minute.

Thanks Mudman.

Kalizkhan
12-31-2002, 04:52 AM
Im also having this problem, and yes im on a slow (noisy line) dial-up connection. Heres what i posted earlier in another post:

I too have been having this problem, i havnt bothered to try eqemu in a long time, and the other day i noticed roaming mobs are in and the net code has been fixed a bit so its a bit more stable for dial-up users, so i decided to install eq (Clean install), patch up, and have a play, unfortunately when i try to play on any server i have the same problem as you, no characters are listed (Even after someone was nice enough to create a character for me from thier comp) and i timout after about 30 seconds at char select/creation (and i cant get past char creation because it hangs at "submitting name for server approval" until it times out).

Wonder if many other ppl have experienced this, and if someone has managed to overcome it.

Anyway heres a bit of info about my setup:

Im just running the EQ client on this comp trying to connect to one of the pre-existing servers.
Im running on WinXP and am connectiong to the net though a Win98SE box which is set up to use Microsofts crappy internet connection sharing, EQ is fully patched up, and im trying to connect to a server running eqemu 0.4.1 -DR4 (Which im told works with latest patch), though i did try other servers with the same result.

Anyway, if anyone manages to find a fix for this please dont hesitate to tell me, as i too would like to play