PDA

View Full Version : Several questions, I've RTFM

IAQuantum
01-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Just ran across you guys on Source Forge. Haven't played in 5 years so I dusted off my 3 disks (EQ, Kunark and Velious) and installed them.

Dl'd the EQW. Made the change to eqhosts.txt.

Ran EQW, patching begins, errors because it says "EQ file update failed." This happens everytime. Station's site doesn't say anything about their patch servers being down, so?.....

Next:

When I click "CLOSE" it brings a message box;

Entry point not found

_AIL_DLS_set_reverb@16 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll

To fill in the blanks, my specs
Win2k Pro (SP3)
AMD 2000+ cpu
1G DDR
Asus A7V333 MB
SB Live 5.1 gamer
eVGA nVidia 4600

all latest drivers, DirectX 9.0, Via chipset....etc

Any ideas?

Thanks
Q

IAQuantum
01-19-2003, 12:01 PM
I installed (in order)

EQ, Kunark, Velious

This is the last piece of the patch window, 'connection lost' has me a bit confused because by the time it reaches this it has already updated some.

This is what I get trying to run everquest and select "optional patch";

Looking up address of update server.
Connecting to update server.
Receiving file "mssdx7sh.m3_".
Connection lost.
EverQuest file update failed. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or internet service provider for assistance.
(patch.everquest.com:7000TCP)

* ERROR *: Corrupt or missing file on update server.
If the problem persists, email
<everquest@sonyinteractive.com>

If this is your first time playing EverQuest, refer to "Troubleshooting Your Connection" in "EverQuest_Manual.txt"in your EverQuest folder.

This is what I get using EQW and it begins patching;

Looking up address of update server.
Connecting to update server.
Receiving file "mssdx7sh.m3_".
Connection lost.
EverQuest file update failed. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or internet service provider for assistance.
(patch.everquest.com:7000TCP)

* ERROR *: Corrupt or missing file on update server.
If the problem persists, email
<everquest@sonyinteractive.com>

If this is your first time playing EverQuest, refer to "Troubleshooting Your Connection" in "EverQuest_Manual.txt"in your EverQuest folder.

Most disconcerting.

Any help?

thanks all,
Q

Lurker_005
01-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Well your not gonna like this, but here ya go.

1) You currently can't play regardless, not patching= too old of a EQ version. Patching= too new. Until the dev's can get EQEmu updated there is nothing you can do besides packet collect for them on an EQ live account if you have one.

2) Patching overwrites eqhost.txt. The point is moot, but when EQEmu and EQ are working together you will need to know this.

3) Problems with patching are strictly your computer connecting to sony's I have not see or heard of anything like your problem. Best suggestion is to try the offical EQ web pages and message boards for info.

4) Havn't played in 5 years? Dosen't that mean you quit sometime around the beta/original release? But you have Kunark and Velious ... Sorry had to call you on that exageration :D

Really your best bet is to check the EQ boards for info on the patching problem, then you will have to wait for the emu to get fixed to work with the latest patch.

Dakor
01-19-2003, 01:14 PM
He could have got them from a m8. I quit around when Kunark came out but i can get my hands on legit copies of all but PoP through freinds. :P

IAQuantum
01-22-2003, 02:36 PM
Appreciate the responses.

I'll keep trying then

Q