PDA

View Full Version : Server Problems

lenore
02-02-2003, 02:23 PM
Ok, I did the eqfix and got up and playing on the forever hacking server just fine. But now since yesterday I try to logon to the server and my characters do not come up. So when I try to create a new character, it disconnects me. I have not changed my config in any way shape or form, haven't changed anything so I have no idea why one day it was working fine and now it won't work at all. If someone could let me know if they have any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Divide
02-02-2003, 09:17 PM
Are you on Dialup? I have noticed some ppl having this issue.

lenore
02-03-2003, 11:28 AM
Yes, unfortunately I am on dialup, is there any fix for it that you know of or is it just tough luck? lol

Memener
02-03-2003, 11:31 AM
yea theres a good fix for that try to get Cable or ADSL and if you got alot of money get T1

The fast you can download and upload will make you have a better ping!

lenore
02-03-2003, 12:05 PM
If I could get it in my area, I would. Unfortunately I just moved back to Australia from the us where I had an awesome adsl connection, I can't get adsl or any form of broadband in my area yet as the exchanges aren't capable :(

Memener
02-03-2003, 02:22 PM
Hmmm sorry to here that.... If you still have problems try making your own server. here is a link that will tell you how to do it :)

http://www.eqemu.net/documents/readme.html

Sidey1
02-03-2003, 03:42 PM
I also, am in Australia ... "the Not So Clever Country"

ADSL Infrastructure - near nonexistant.

Despite the fact that our national telecommunications carrier flog the hell out of it on tv to promote adsl... over 1million homes are on adsl INCOMPATIBLE infrastructure that they laid down... ahhh thanks for coming.

Anyway, I have the same connection problems as well so lets hope this gets fixed soon :)

It only happened during the last 48 hours...

BLEEP

Sidey

lenore
02-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Well, I do have my own server...it's just not as much fun playing by yourself, know what I mean? lol

Sidney, it's crazy isn't it? I went from having 768k up/down unlimited download/upload adsl for 39 a month to a shitty dial up that doesn't even connect at 56k. Not only that, the adsl here in Australia they charge through the nose for a substandard service with a limit on your downloads per month, I think they have a term for that, it is called ROBBERY lol

I managed to get connected to the server last night, and my characters were there, but every time I tried to login I got disconnected. This was not a problem when I first created my character...I could login when there was 20 people on the server without a problem. Then they did something and rebooted the server & since then I have not been able to login. It sucks :( Please guys, can you see what is going on?

Just a girl who wants to kick some ass and chew bubblegum :P