PDA

View Full Version : New server... need some help

thebrain
02-25-2003, 11:58 AM
Ok this is my first EQEMU server and I have not actually even played EQ for about a year. I reinstalled the triology before I did anything. Tried to run the eqemu patcher and it game me errors about missing files, so i figured I would run the eqlive update. DID ALL THE UPDATES and tried eqemu patcher again. Works fine and I can get on other peoples servers with no problems. I then decided to try out my own server. After trying the eqemu 4.2 multiple times and not being able to fix the boot5zones problem I went back to 4.1. Everything comes up fine, I then tried to log onto my own server. I got onto my own server, made a player but then get kicked at the enterning world part. Does anyone have any ideas. I thought it was because I was trying to get on my own computer but my friend tried from his house and got kicked also. I dont see any errors it just says loading zone (WORLD.EXE) and then dropping connection. The zones.exe just goes back to sleep. Any ideas would be great!!! Thanks!!! And yes I have the latest patch from EQ so im hoping thats not the problem. I just cant think how to patch up to a certain point if its a clean install.