PDA

View Full Version : EMuShareMem.dll - causing zone.exe to crash

Darksoul
02-27-2003, 11:24 AM
I've noticed this is mainly happening with win2k (sp3), i am asking if the developers can look into it, because its quite a common problem.

padwin
02-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Yep I get this too. I'm using Windows 98 SE, so don't rule that OS out of the equation.

Edgar1898
02-28-2003, 01:58 AM
Did you recompile the dll? A lot of changes have been made to the emu structure, so an old dll file will not work. Do what I do: Whenever you download changes and you arent sure that it only affects the zone.exe or there has been a lot of changes and you dont feel like looking to see what each change did, then just do a batch make and compile the world, zone, and the dll.

padwin
03-01-2003, 06:40 PM
I suspect that my problem may have been somewhat different. That crashing of the zone server on my computer wasn't necessarily caused by the emusharemem.dll, and seemed to go away after I sourced in one of the add-on databases. So when I said "don't rule out Win98", you can disregard that. You Gods seem busy enough without chasing ghosts. :wink:

joshkincheloe
03-05-2003, 01:20 PM
I downloaded the addon @ http://cecugfile.net/ and that allowed the zones to not crash. I haven't had a chance to load up EQ yet though. Good luck!