PDA

View Full Version : Problems with World.exe

Lord_Zero
02-28-2003, 06:30 AM
When I run world.exe trying to start up my server, the window that pops up says the following....

Loading Variables, zone names & items...
Error in loadvariables query 'Select varname, value, unix_timestamp() From variables where unix_timestamp(ts) >=0' #2006: Mysql server has gone away.

It continues to repeat that for Items, guild names, etc.

My Loginserver.ini File:
### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqlogin1.eqemu.net
loginserver2=eqlogin2.eqemu.net
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=Arc's World
locked=false
account=
password=
worldaddress=68.43.35.191

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

My Boot5zones.bat file:
REM: ****Read this first!!!****

REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "YourIP" when you are connecting
REM: To the EQEmu Loginserver.

REM: When you are using minilogin, Replace all IP Addresses to say 127.0.0.1

REM: If you still get errors try using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_en.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . 68.43.35.191 7995 68.43.35.191
start zone . 68.43.35.191 7996 68.43.35.191
start zone . 68.43.35.191 7997 68.43.35.191
start zone . 68.43.35.191 7998 68.43.35.191
start zone . 68.43.35.191 7999 68.43.35.191
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_en.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

Here's everything else
EQEMU: Version 0.4.2
Connecting: To publiclogin

My db.ini file:
# READ README.TXT!

[Database]
host=localhost
user=Lord_Zero
password=*******
database=eq
compression=off

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left "localhost" unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe.

Does anyone know how to fix my problem?

Shawn319
02-28-2003, 07:08 AM
Are you using the default db.sql that came with EQEmu? Try re-sourcing the db.sql in (drop the DB then create a new one).

Lord_Zero
02-28-2003, 07:21 AM
If I re-sourced it right, then that didn't help...

padwin
03-03-2003, 05:01 PM
Same thing here. I sourced it right, exactly as the M in RTFM said. I'm reading the M now in fact. Hold on. I'll try it again.

padwin
03-03-2003, 05:22 PM
In a mellow, hopeless voice: Dropped eq, created eq, used eq, sourced db.sql, you know the one that comes with Eqemu 0.4.2 Win32 version, which I'm now trying again, after following MOHAA's instructions. no firewall or router here, had my ini's exactly as M specified. Granted all permissions on all databases, trying to set this comp up as server and client, then will proceed to the rest of my lan. No firewalls or routers. Just a simple 10base2 network 10mbps set at half-duplex on my network card right now. basic private ip setup, not that it matters, since I'm only trying on one computer, not that I haven't tried it on 2 computers. It seems I've tried about everything. Oh yeah, I rtfm. I followed the instructions and interpretted and implemented them intelligently, as the writer would have hoped. It is always in front of me and I am always reading from it. M is my Bible. I'm at the 8 day count now of trying to get this going. Read almost all posts now. Tried everything on them at one point or another. My everquest folder is updated now with the Eqemu patch. Good work on that, as well as the manual. Very thorough and straightforward, I thought. Didn't seem to work for me, but I'm sure it will help someone, and isn't that all we can really ask of M? :wink:

padwin
03-03-2003, 06:14 PM
D'oh! Foot in mouth, and pushing hard. Okay, I don't know about you, but I solved my problem by fixing a goofy oversight in db.ini. Sorry for the wasted space and gloom I brought here.

Lord_Zero
03-04-2003, 10:56 AM
I still can't figure out what the problem is.... :confused: