PDA

View Full Version : Does v4.2 db.sql work by itself?

padwin
02-28-2003, 10:00 PM
I'm losing the ability to think sanely, so I'll just ask. Does the database that comes with EQemu 4.2 work without modifying it? For me it doesn't. I've done evrything I can imagine you're going to tell me to do. Sourced in the db.sql, ran your patch, granted all privileges, added the eqemu account in, used localhost in the db.ini and loginserver.ini, copied over the spells_en.txt... If I use just the db.sql, the zone servers just crash. When I put in one of the Big 3 databases, other things happen, after... I want to continue my story, but one step at a time. I need to focus on whether the db.sql is supposed to work without having to modify it.

padwin
02-28-2003, 11:16 PM
Calm down, man. You're going to start developing multiple personalities if you don't walk away for a while. Just walk away. You don't have to play EQ within the year. If you come back in a year, it will be more user friendly. Just cool off. :roll:

schneidzekk
03-01-2003, 01:16 PM
you are not the only one.. :) when i use the original 4.2 the zoneservers say good bye everytime i start them. If i fill the db with some stuff the zones work, but that does not mean i can connect ;)

I tried 4.2, 4.3 DR2? with the db from forgot the name, 4.2 with the lurker 4.1 db updated to 4.2 and i tried it with linux and w2k.

no success so far :(

I guess there is some "secret" somewhere :)

padwin
03-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Errr, I feel wrong about starting this topic off the way I did. Sorry bout that. I seem to be at the point now where I'm so close to entering EQ (I've been close so many times now and have to keep starting over with each impenetrable roadblock), but as soon as it starts loading, the minilogin says "Client disconnected (eqnpc->Getstate()=102)" . I've seen other people have the same problem, but I've searched and found not the first explanation for what causes it. I guess I'm going to have to get my hands dirty and learn the inner depths of the databases. It has to be in the database, right??? First I guess I'll try it with my minilogin and EQw on computer1 and world and zones on computer2, like MOHAA has in his "best server I can make" tutorial (like that'll make a difference). I used to set EQEmu up all on one computer with no problem when it was at version 0.3.1. It may have had less features, but at least I could get it working by following the steps of the readme (I still had to cruise the forums to fill in the blanks). I'll keep at this puzzle until I either get it right or some merciful and kind person lets me know that there are bugs that make setting up the servers on one computer with version 0.4.2 impossible so I can quit and get some overdue sleep. BTW Thanks for EQemu. I wish I could enjoy it, but I know I will again eventually.

MOHAA
03-02-2003, 02:17 PM
first thing is yes u need to calm down. i to have zones crashing with the new eqeum and db

now i have down alot of tinkering

first the setup that i have posted is a very simple setup with the would and server with mysql running on one machine and the eq game on another pc . this is recommended by all.

no the lan set up is very ezy. i use win me as the operating system on both machines useing the windows networking as the interface.

as long as u have your lan set up and working , meaning that u can share files back and forth or share and internet connection.

u must have that before evening trying the the lan setup. or IT WILL NOT WORK.

no im sorry if the guide might be confuseing but its truly simple. u must take your time and read into the guide.. like i said i set this up this way to save resources on both machines since EverQuest uses alot of the machine.

now i can set the server up and run just fine but u must have the right set up.

i have done a lot of research and the best i can come up with is as follows.

completel start over from scratch. if u have any thing lurking when doing this it either will confuse u or mess up the settup. Now i use eqemu 4.1 win32. for i cant seem to find one out there that works. also STOP PATCHING EQ. that makes everything not work and then u get pissed off at the guys fixing eqemu.

MAKE 2 COPIES OF EVERQUEST!!! ALSO READ THE DANG FORUMS IT TELLS U TO DO THIS.

now once u have the 2 copies, one is for eqlive and one for eqemu.

now understand i have not patched my eqemu eq since maybe right before the release of new expansion.
i also do not use EQW , i use eqame patchme veia going threw the command dos window. this is so u dont try to patch eq.

no on to setting up the server. once u have downloaded the 4.1win32 (u will find in the file section)
and the mysql 3.23/54 win (server) which is for what ever windows operating system u are running. now undestand i am useing ME.

and at last i use the new db from telmet. since i cant seem to find one that works other than his.
that file is. eqemu 0.4.3.dr2.db
Now with this set up u will not have all the new items in eqlive , nor will u see horses. i too have zones crash useing the new setup

now with that eqemu file and telmet db is the only way i can run my server with out any errors.

if u have any questions please email me at JVSQUIRE@AOL.COM

I will do my best in answering your questions.

padwin
03-04-2003, 10:17 PM
I followed your instructions, and I still have this error in minilogin stopping me: (eqnpc->Getstate()=102) Urge to kill rising. Tried inserting the 0 in the appropriate spot with the Admin tool into accounts. No difference. Russian roulette, anyone? :lol:

padwin
03-04-2003, 10:18 PM
I want to delete this message, but can't figure out how. When I went to edit/delete post, I saw no delete button or place for typing in a delete command. Must everything be impossible???