PDA

View Full Version : Ok 3 weeks and still pulling hair out

IAkc7wzl
03-02-2003, 07:51 AM
ok I have been trying for 3 weeks and I am about to pull out what little hair I have left.

I have followed the read me almost word for word and still nothing works I am about to give up and mass del

My major error is

Failed to connect to database: Error: Access denied for user: [user name@adress]

I get this on world and zone

the funny thing is EQAmin has no problem accessing database with same set varbles.

I have tried IPs of 192.168.0.3, 127.0.0.1, and localhost and every combo in between

sad thing is I did not have this many errors with the old 3.X ver of EQEmu. just the old did not like my gatway so it was removed. I down loaded all the new stuff and desided to try to make a local lan ver since mini login works now I hoped hehe

oh yes no errors from minilogin and EQadmin JUST WORLD AND ZONE :(

hoose84
03-02-2003, 09:34 AM
Did you run mysql.exe and type:

use eq;<ENTER>

INSERT INTO account SET name='yourname', password='yourpassword', status=200, lsaccount_id=0;<ENTER>

That should fix your world problems, as for the zone problems. If they are crashing you will need to add some fields to your database or get another database that is already modified. (You can find more info on these by searching the posts, as they are listed in there somewhere). I myself am stuck with a 1017 error and just haven't spent any time trying to fix it. I will probably just wait for the next version before I try it again.

I'm more interested in data collecting right now.

Hoose84

IAkc7wzl
03-03-2003, 04:17 AM
thank you I will give that a try. a fellow server op helped me with the world and zone login error.

now I got a new problem with the zone.exe

error as follows

program has preformed an illegal operation and will be shut down

ZONE caused an invalid page fault in module ZONE.EXE at 018f:00469faa.

registers:EAX=00000000 CS=018f EIP=00469faa EFLGS=00010246
EBX=01240e3c

and on about 2 scrolling screens worth. later if I get time I will send screen shots ( much easier than typing it) becouse the server is in a few rooms away so typing the info out is a dawnting task.

kc7wzl

Ayukawa
03-03-2003, 06:56 AM
the funny thing is EQAmin has no problem accessing database with same set varbles.

Is youe EQAdmin tool open at the same time you are booting the servers?

In the beginning I had the reverse problem. In order to fix it I had to create a second user account in mysql. Not a second database, but a second account that refrences the same database.

so my server runs off :

[Database]
host=edited host name
user=eq
password=edited pw
database=eq

And my EQAdmin runs off
[GENERAL]
DBNAME=eq
DBHOST=edited host name
DBUSERNAME=eq2
DBPASSWORD=edited password
EQPATH=C:\Program Files\EverQuest\
MAPSPATH=C:\My Documents\EQEmulation\EQAdmin Maps\

This way I was able to have both logged in at the same time. I do not understand why it needed it, but it did.

Of course I am running mysql on Linux and that may not apply to you, but if it applies to anyone else later, hopefully a search will pull up this thread if it may help them.

IAkc7wzl
03-03-2003, 08:12 AM
well I have every thing talking to database now. but now I get a page falt error with zone.exe

yea I only ran admin with nothing ealse running I have not tried to runn admin and server stuff at the same time.

IAkc7wzl
03-06-2003, 04:37 AM
^bump^

Shawn319
03-06-2003, 07:10 AM
ok I have been trying for 3 weeks and I am about to pull out what little hair I have left.

I have followed the read me almost word for word and still nothing works I am about to give up and mass del

My major error is

Failed to connect to database: Error: Access denied for user: [user name@adress]

I get this on world and zone

I have tried IPs of 192.168.0.3, 127.0.0.1, and localhost and every combo in between

sad thing is I did not have this many errors with the old 3.X ver of EQEmu. just the old did not like my gatway so it was removed. I down loaded all the new stuff and desided to try to make a local lan ver since mini login works now I hoped hehe

oh yes no errors from minilogin and EQadmin JUST WORLD AND ZONE :(

1) Are you using a router?

2) e-mail me a copy of your (unedited) ini/bat files. db.ini, loginserver.ini, minilogin.ini (if you have one) and boot5zones.bat. copy and paste the contents (please do not send attachments because i do not know if the eqemu mail server can handle them (or if thay will be rejected).

shawn319@eqemu.com

IAkc7wzl
03-06-2003, 10:28 AM
well I fixed that problem now I get page fault errors with zone.exe

yes I am behind a router but every thing is set to localhost ( IE I am making a local lan only server ( so I have some way to play EQ if I lose net access ))

eqfoobar
03-06-2003, 11:57 AM
My experience with this problem is that it is usually a database problem. It could be a null value somewhere the program is not expecting. I would check your account table and make sure your account has some value for lsaccount_id (even if it is zero).

Other things I have found are using a wrong version of the database or just a database with bad values in it can cause this. Be sure to work with a basic database from the installation first before you start trying to work with others versions or resourcing your database. Once you get it working, you can start making changes, then if something breaks you will have a better idea why.

Hope that helps.

rednckcowby
03-06-2003, 03:09 PM
Hey kc7wzl I am also behind a router and I finally got mine to work.

This is the thread I posted on how I got it to run under WinXP

http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=6237

- Red

IAkc7wzl
03-09-2003, 02:57 AM
ok I will have to give that a try. yea I am using ver 4.2 if I am thinking correctly ( fresh clean install on every thing ) using only database that came with DL.

minilogin and world is working great but zone is crashing with page fault errors ( like trying to access a mem that somthing ealse has clamed or a reg that the prosser does not have ) type fatel crash ( just short of cousing BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH)