PDA

View Full Version : Game exits when loading new area of map

viet124
03-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Hi, I'm new at this game. I created an Ogre character, and when I walk to this section of the map, I believe it loads a new map. And when I enter this new map, It's green all around. I changed my point of view and it shows my Ogre falling. It falls for about 1 minute and then dies, and then the game exits.

So I tried making an Elf character. I walked to this part of the map where I believe it's loading a new map, and then it exits the game. Does anybody know why? Thanks,

John

Aragain
03-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Changing maps is commonly reffered to as, "Zoning". Easier to say too, huh? =P

The falling bug is very common, sometimes appriate "zone in" points arent set, so the server tries to move you to another safe spot, and for some reason that spot isnt safe, and then moves you back to safe spot becuase the last move it wasnt safe but of course the safe spot isnt even sa... In other words, endless falling.

When this happens to me, I usually just fall until I die, the game will crash, when I reload the game, I will be alive again in the same zone, and no longer falling. So try logging back onto that ogre warrior.

Sometimes when you change your point of view, it crashes, as you know, this shouldnt be common, ive had it happen to me twice, of course once was because I somehow got a "Bag" stuck on my "chest slot", and wanted to see what it looked like, and just ended up crashing.

A major reason that it crashes when you zone, is becuase you may not have the zone file, or it could be corrupted, for this, try repatching, or if you dont have the expansion files, and you zone into an expansion zone, then you need to go out and get that expansion at a store.

Thats all of the usefull input I have for now, hopefully it WILL be useful. If your problems persist seemingly with out rest, then make another post explaining exactly what is going on, what EQ files you have on your computer(Like which expansions), anything you else you think would be useful in solving the problem.

viet124
03-04-2003, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the information and vocabulary! I will try more EQ out later this afternoon.

Vermea
03-04-2003, 07:57 AM
The falling thing kind of reminds me of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Not that this has anything to do with the subject, but sometimes when your running around, you'll take like 5-10 damage for no good reason...as if you fell :) Anyhow, even some of the most reputable servers have the falling bug, so don't worry much about it. Sometimes it's kinda cool to watch the ground far below as it rapidly approaches you...and then *THUD!!!!* 20,000 points of damage....that's always a fun thing to do.

viet124
03-04-2003, 02:20 PM
Ok unfortunately I have a problem now. I zoned in somewhere with my new Magician in Forever Hacking, and then got booted. Then when I try to rejoin, I'm in that zone, and then I start moving around. 10-15 seconds later my game just closes?

I dont know about expansios or anything i am new, so this is how i installed the game:

I downloaded some eq client. I installed it. I ran it once for fun.
I then downloaded the eq emu and installed and ran and patched it, and i can connect to servers like forever hacking.

Thanks,

John