PDA

View Full Version : Rolling out EQ Patches?

bpogue99
03-04-2003, 11:03 AM
Hi,

I'm sort of new to this EQEMU environment, but I can tell you I'm excited. Maybe I'm too excited about being able to take revenge on some of those mobs, but man it's still going to be fun. So anyway, I got it all working right up to that pesky 1017 error after I select my server from the server screen. I've followed all the readme's and message posts, etc. and I'm convinced this is because my version of EQ is the one patched after this latest release of Ykesha. So most of you go, Of course it is! So now, here I sit, with this exciting EQEMU environment and I want to play on my own server and summon me some big ass weapons and go beat the snot out of some mobs. How do I roll out patches?

My original CD's came in the gold box as a 5 set. Can I use that version with EQEMU? With all the posts and things I haven't been clear on which version of EQ (up to what date) I can use with EQEMU.

Thanks!

joshkincheloe
03-04-2003, 11:19 AM
Well, I have the same question...sort of. I have yet to reinstall EQ on my box, but mine is the ORIGINAL cd along with the ROK cd. My question is: Where can I get a manual patch so that I don't need to login to EQ to patch up?

joshkincheloe
03-06-2003, 03:59 AM
I am experiencing the same problem. I just finished downloading the whole new patch over 56k (about 12+hours of downloading) and I'm getting the 1017 as well. I have found the eqemu patcher that patches to the december version (i think). I have yet to try this. If someone has time in the next few hours, would you please let me know. I know I'm asking a lot if it works (you'd have to stop playing to reply to this message), but I'm sure I'm not the only person who would love to know. Thanks!

Josh

Ayukawa
03-06-2003, 05:04 AM
Sorry, I have not this problem

However you have waited two days for the answer. Perhaps you could test it and post the ressponse so the rest of us would know.

Just backup your Everquest directory and give it a try.

Shawn319
03-06-2003, 07:02 AM
Do not ask for backed up versions of EQ files. that is warez and against the rules.. please dont ask why or try to answer the question "why". dont turn this into a 500 post thread on why its good or bad and why we do this.

No, the CD install (with no patches) will not work. doesnt matter how new or old the CD is.

1) you have to wait for EQEmu to be fixed so it works with the current patch.

or

2) you can TRY the EQEmu patcher by patching fully with EQlive, then running EQEmu patcher. you may get errors and it may not work. use at your own risk..

once again, do not ask for (or give out, or link to) backed up copies of EQ files or any EQ file or everquest.exe.

Vermea
03-06-2003, 07:52 AM
Well, from personal experience, I can tell you that if you just install Everquest and Kunark, then patching to EQLive right now isn't really a big deal. I just patched yesterday and my eqemu works JUST fine. If it's not possible for you to only install eq and kunar, then you might as well install it all...but you'll have to wait for EqEmu to get caught up with EQLive.

bpogue99
03-06-2003, 01:52 PM
I'm using the Gold Edition CD's and will install just the main and Kunark and then will test the results. I'll post back here in just a bit with my results.

Thanks!

bpogue99
03-06-2003, 01:52 PM
I'm using the Gold Edition CD's and will install just the main and Kunark and then will test the results. I'll post back here in just a bit with my results.

Thanks!

Shawn319
03-06-2003, 02:06 PM
It wont work lol

Vermea
03-06-2003, 04:24 PM
Well, it works for me....there's really no reason why it woudl work for me and not for them. I can patch eqlive all day long...and then just patch eqemu and everything is fine....

Shawn319
03-07-2003, 09:46 AM
It wont work lol

That was in reply to

Thanks!

I was saying that just installing EQ with no patches (ie. out of the box install) will not work.

bpogue99
03-07-2003, 10:17 AM
Woot, well, I got to the character creation screen!! Yes, you're right, you have to patch. So...

1) I took my Gold Edition Cd's and installed the entire thing to C:\EVEREMU
2) Ran the patch as you would normally
3) Installed the 0.4.2 EMU and edited all the files using 127.0.0.1
4) Install MYSQL and installed Telmet DB add-on
5) Loaded Minilogin, World, and the 5 zones
6) Used EQW 2.32 to run EQ
7) Logged in with eqemu/eqemu
8) Saw my server, selected it
9) Got to the char select screen, created a new one, Human Monk starting in North Qeynos
10) Zone not available

But, I'm further than I've been with this so I'm happy... I'm making progress <g>. Here's what I get from world.exe when I created my char and then selected it to enter the world where I then get zone not available, I then selected the char again and received the same message.

Logged in: Local: eqemu
Guild Send Request...
Sending character information.
Unknown opcode: 0x3541 size:2056
Unknown opcode: 0x3941 size:2056
Name approval request for:testchar race:1 class:7
Char create:testchar
Unknown opcode: 0x3541 size:2056
Unknown opcode: 0x3941 size:2056
Error: InflatePacket: inflate() returned -3 'unknown compression method'
Attempting autobootup of 'qeynos2' for testchar
Broadcasting a world time update
Zoneserver SetZone: 127.0.0.1:7999
Zoneserver SetZone: 127.0.0.1:7999
Error: InflatePacket: inflate() returned -3 'unknown compression method'
Attempting autobootup of 'qeynos2' for testchar
Zoneserver SetZone: 127.0.0.1:7998
Zoneserver SetZone: 127.0.0.1:7998
Client disconnected
Removing client from ip:127.0.0.1 port:4338

bpogue99
03-07-2003, 10:53 AM
I also received this in one of the zone windows...

Init: Loading zone lists, zone state or spawn list, player corpsesError in LoadPlayerCorpses query 'SELECT id, charid, charname, x, y, z, heading, data, time FROM player_corpses WHERE zonename='qeynos2'' #1054: Unknown column 'time' in 'field list'
ERROR: Couldn't load player corpses.
Zone->Init failed

Something to do with the database?

Shawn319
03-07-2003, 11:51 AM
the DB is messed up. try the default DB that came with EQEmu and see if that works.

open mysql.exe and type
"drop database eq;"
"create database eq;"
"use eq;"
(copy the default db.sql into the mysql/bin folder now)
"source db.sql;"

DeletedUser
03-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Hmmm, how come people ask for support for 3rd party builds here? We dont supply DR* builds, and that's what it appears bpogue99 is running.

bpogue99
03-07-2003, 04:56 PM
I'm not asking for 3rd party support. I'm just trying to get eqemu up and running with whatever it takes. And I do have it up now, thanks to all the responses to various posts and such. Everything is the same as in my original post above, but I had to revert to 0.4.1 of the database. I populated it with 0.4.1 DB addon and viola, up it came. My monk is in qeynos and it's raining, somehow he mastered Percussion Instruments, go figure?! hehe.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get this up over the last few days. Now I can finally venture into areas I've never gone, or would go, in the live game. Woohoo!

Now where's that pesky spiderling? <g>