PDA

View Full Version : Zone.exe Crash

Yubazafum
03-04-2003, 12:27 PM
Ok, I've overcome just about all of my problems through searching the forums/readmes/faq's, etc., but this one I can't seem to find a solution to. Perhaps someone here could help me?

I am trying to run a minilogin server, and everything goes well until I run boot5zones.exe. It runs, and then I get 5 identical error messages, "Zone has caused an error in ZONE.EXE. Zone will now close. If you continue to experience the problems, try restarting the computer." Needless to say, restarting does not help.

As per request of the thread, "Read this post BEFORE you ask for help!" (http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=1736), here is my information:

a) What error you are having and when you are having it? See above.
b) What OS (Operating System, IE: Windows 95) you are using? Windows ME.
c) What EMU Version (IE: 0.3.7) you are using? EQEMU 0.4.2
d) What you are connecting to (Minilogin, Publiclogin, Logging/Hosting into eqlogin.eqemu.net)? Minilogin.
e) Paste the text out of these files:
boot5zones.bat, db.ini and loginserver.ini (mask out PASSWORDS please).

boot5zones.bat:

REM: ****Read this first!!!****

REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "YourIP" when you are connecting
REM: To the EQEmu Loginserver.

REM: When you are using minilogin, Replace all IP Addresses to say 127.0.0.1

REM: If you still get errors try using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_en.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . localhost 7995 localhost
start zone . localhost 7996 localhost
start zone . localhost 7997 localhost
start zone . localhost 7998 localhost
start zone . localhost 7999 localhost
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_en.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

db.ini:

# READ README.TXT!

[Database]
host=localhost
user=john
password=****
database=eq
compression=off

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left "localhost" unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe.

loginserver.ini:

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginserver2=localhost
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=John's
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

So, could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

Vermea
03-04-2003, 12:36 PM
Y'know, I'm glad that you posted this because this is my exactl problem. Everything is the same except for the fact that i'm running Windows2000 pro and you running Windows ME *crap in my opinion* So yeah...shed some light on it for me too?

joshkincheloe
03-04-2003, 04:17 PM
I have the same problem, except with XP Pro. Same configuration as well.

AsheronsTruth
03-05-2003, 10:04 AM
Im having the same exact problem also although im not using miniloggin. It's really pissing me off cus i have searched for a solution and even tried going the miniloggin way... same problem.
It looks to me like a lot of people are having to go through this.

joshkincheloe
03-05-2003, 01:21 PM
I downloaded the addon @ http://cecugfile.net/ and that allowed the zones to not crash. I haven't had a chance to load up EQ yet though. Good luck!

Raige
03-07-2003, 07:28 AM
got the same prob today when i tried to install eqemu.
i came to hit the forums for an answer. but the link is down,
and like i said only found problem today, anyone else got a fix for this? a filename perhaps so i can hit kazaa and DC? maybe an ftp or alternate link? all help appreciated :)

oh btw i'm on win2k pro

Harabec
03-07-2003, 08:14 AM
yeah, if anyone would want to send the file to me I would be glad to host it on a ftp for anyone to download (as long as it is not too large) considering the link is down.

Egoistxg
03-07-2003, 02:36 PM
:(
im getting the same problem, and all my stuff is identical to yours. if someone could please post even so much as the name of the add on that fixes it, i can go try to find it myself! email me if anyone sees that this was ever fixed
egoistxg@aol.com
evelles naked wonderland server

Shawn319
03-07-2003, 02:56 PM
The zone.exe crashes are caused by the new mySQL. it breaks some of the code in EQEmu. next version should fix this.

Drel
03-08-2003, 12:13 AM
try this.

go into mysql

use eq;
update account set lsaccount_id = 0;

Fix'd it all..

personman
03-08-2003, 06:53 AM
I used to have the same exact problem. For some strange reason, it always does this unless i source a db addon. Like shawn 319 said, it has something to do with new version of the MYSql server. And i guess when you source one of the addon DB's it fixes the line of code thats missing or sorrupted or what not.

mattisc
03-08-2003, 12:07 PM
addon link don;t work.....

i tried this to and no help

Posted: 03-08-2003 06:13 AM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

try this.

go into mysql

use eq;
update account set lsaccount_id = 0;

Fix'd it all..

anything else??

joshkincheloe
03-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Sorry, this link is removed.