PDA

View Full Version : I feel like such a newbie right now lol

CryingSapphires
03-05-2003, 01:38 AM
Hi, I've been looking over your site and I'd like to try EQEmu. I do have EverQuest already installed, but I have absolutely no idea how to install EQEmu at all. I don't know what files to download, where to put them, etc etc etc. I am far from a computer programmer lol. If told what files to DL and where to put them, I'm fine from there.

And please don't flame me anyone because I'm already embarrassed to be asking lol.

Thank you :)

TwoSock
03-05-2003, 08:34 AM
Actually you only have to download the eqhosts.txt from the main menu on this site to play the emu.

Place it in your EQ directory.

If you have patched recently you might need to download the patcher here also to fix your EQ files to run with the EMU

When you have done that you need to start EverQuest running eqgame.exe with the patchme parameter.

Start menu -> Run -> C:\Eqemu\eqgame.exe patchme

This will make it so the game doesn't launch the real patcher (not the one from this site) and screw up your files.

Alternatively you can just run the patcher you downloaded here every time and check the "run everquest"... might be easier

But, it might be a good idea to have 2 EQ folders so you don't break the EQ you use to play on SOE's servers.

I use 2 folders... 1 for each EQ so no matter how many patches SOE releases my EQEMU will always work.

Vermea
03-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Another helpful tool you may find useful is the EQWindow tool. It lets you play everquest in a window instead of fullscreen. I prefer it over fullscreen. I've attached it to this post.