PDA

View Full Version : Finally got it to work

rednckcowby
03-06-2003, 08:17 AM
After extensive reading and rearranging things aroud I got my inhouse working using minilogin under winXP.

Well if you should ask how I will explain below...

After I did a completely new install of EQ (without updating), I copied it to a new folder in my EQemu dir, ran the updaet patcher in the origional EQ folder, copied all updates with the exception of the EXE files to my new folder of EQ. Afterward Ran the EQemu patcher in the new EQ folder. Rewrote the EQHOST.TXT for my inhouse server. That is it.

Now to get everything up and running...

First I went through all the latest updaed Eqemu goodies which all came up woth errors on all different configurations I could use.

Then I went backwards in the updates, didn't have to get far though.

1) Downloaded version 0.4.1
2) Merged Telmets 0.4.3 DR2 db.sql with the version from 0.4.1, and installed Telmets Add-ons
3) Set up my other files as follows:

DB.INI

# READ README.TXT!

[Database]
host=localhost
user=eqemu
password=eqemu
database=eq
compression=off

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left "localhost" unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe.

LOGINSERVER.INI

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginserver2=localhost
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=Death
locked=false
account=
password=
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

MINILOGINACCOUNTS.INI

localhost eqemu eqemu

BOOT5ZONES.BAT

REM:--------------Start-----------------------

if NOT exist spells_en.txt goto NOSPELL

@echo off
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7995 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7996 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7997 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7998 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7999 127.0.0.1

exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_en.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

4) Run minilogin.exe
5) Run world.exe
6) Run boot5zones.bat
7) Run eqw.exe

Have fun!

Anyone wanting the DB.sql file I will e-mail it to you.

- Red

rdnckcowby@netscape.net

Bludburst
03-06-2003, 12:58 PM
Were you the one having the problem with a fatal error crashing when you loaded up boot5zones.bat

Galthus
03-06-2003, 01:50 PM
Hey rednckcowby -

Which version of EQ did you install? By that I mean how old is your CD? What about expansions? In other words, what kind of fresh install did you do?

rednckcowby
03-06-2003, 03:01 PM
I installed the EQ version with EQ. Kunark and SoV on 2 CD's then SoL and PoP.

Also no I did not have trouble with Boot5zones was having trouble with dropping of zone after character select screen.

Am currently working on gettin everything working withEQemu 0.4.2

-Red

AdVoCaTe
03-06-2003, 08:30 PM
This is one of the best explinations i have seen in all the threads i have read...im going to try again now and post back to let you know if it worked for me...i had same prob last time i tryed could run server and logg in make a character and then got dropped when gettin into world when running off 2 comps on lan...i could run world and zone and mini on one and run eq from same one but couldent use both computers to spit resource drain (ie world and zone on one, mini and eqw on other), which of course made it run like a snail even on a 2ghz p4 with 320mgs of ram...ty again

joshkincheloe
03-07-2003, 05:07 AM
I tried the same thing except with EQEmu 0.4.2 database. It worked fine. On a side note, I installed from the original (circa 1999) EQ CD. So no one should have a problem following this procedure. Currently though, I cannot walk between zones, I must use the #zone command. Any suggestions about that one?

padwin
03-10-2003, 10:10 PM
And thanks to your post, I finally got it working! All it needed was a little Rednck (cowboy) engineering. I recommend this post to people who are pretty sure they have eqemu configured right, but can't figure out why EQ crashes or inexplicably closes. Try this before you spend 2 weeks scratching a hole through your head like I did. :D

DyersEve
03-11-2003, 08:00 AM
"2) Merged Telmets 0.4.3 DR2 db.sql with the version from 0.4.1, and installed Telmets Add-ons"

How do you merge them?

rednckcowby
03-11-2003, 08:10 AM
I read through each DB and tried different configurations rewriting different parts of the new DB and got it to work without error. Now I am working on adding a few more NPC's and other spawns along with loot configs as well. Drawde has the best DB by my opinion so far as I can see, but like I said that is my opinion. Right now I am using Drawde's at the moment so I can add to mine for the most part of collectiing info from zones. (i.e. getting zoneline locs that I would like to see happen in my own DB and Named spawn locs of my choice, ect ect ...

Yes I like doing things the hard way too. :twisted:

-Red