PDA

View Full Version : RP114 Router

nuceman
03-09-2003, 07:14 AM
I got a netgear router that doesn't have IP forwarding.
I even emailed netgear about this they said this router doesn't have it. Using the newest firmware. Has port forwarding.

I'm getting the 1017 error when I try to host on eqemulogin servers. Others can get it but I can't. Defeats the purpose of it for me :P .

Funny thing though is if I connect to my routers config through telnet there's this thing called Static Routing Setup, and inside that is IP Static Route Setup. I can something i guess and the screen looks kinda like this.

Menu 12.1 - Edit IP Static Route

Route #: 1
Route Name= ?
Active= No
Destination IP Address= ?
IP Subnet Mask= ?
Gateway IP Address= ?
Metric= 2
Private= No

Press ENTER to Confirm or ESC to Cancel:

I signed up for a dyndns.org account for my real ip as some people suggested I try a long time ago, which still didn't work. I edited hosts file in Windows folder and that didn't help me either. No one found any problems with any of my ini files and what not. My SQL DB was perfectly fine and my accounts were setup correctly.

I'm just giving this another shot after about 4 releases of EQEMU.
So what does anyone think this part of router does? I don't know what the hell its for. Netgear said this router doesn't even have IP forwarding so I'm guessing this isn't it but maybe it can help me.

Besides that problem, I tried using minilogin so I could mess around on my own, everything goes fine until I select a character, then my zoneserver shuts down without any messages and I'm booted back to server select. Any ideas? Using 4.2 with latest minilogin and 4.2 db with 4.1 db addon. Tried using the other guys db on the world building forums and that would give me some error about unable to load player corpses when I selected a character.

moonphoenix
03-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Afraid Static Routes are not what your looking for. Its basically a routing table which can be programmed if for some reason you are using hardware (switch / bridge / router) elsewhere on your network that does not support the RIP protocol. Think Subnetting.

Somebody correct me if thats completly wrong, but im pretty sure thats it. (I'm useing a netgear DG814 myself @ v mo)

You do need either port forwarding or DMZ (Just make sure you've got a decent software firewall on your server if you have to take that route)

03-10-2003, 10:57 PM
I assume you are using the telnet entrence to the router..

instead of entering menu 12, enter 15 on the Netgear RP114 router.
And you should find yourself with a much more correct routing page :)

Else, you could use the web access to the router, by enter the router's IP in the webbrowser, which will promt a username/password field for you, admin is the username, and the password you know yourself.
navigate to the advanced and ip forwarding menu, and you should solve the rest yourself i guess :)