PDA

View Full Version : Logs and Quests...

bpogue99
03-10-2003, 02:30 AM
Hi! :D First, wow, I got my server up, I've been playing around all weekend. I got it working on my lan with the instructions on the sticky's and it's all good. I've been taking lots of revenge out and my char isn't broke anymore, I love that npcloot table!

A couple questions I have though relate to logging who is using the server. Is there an option to log the world.exe and minilogin.exe usage? I like seeing all the messages on screen and such, but once you shut the server down, they're gone. I'd like to have a method to log them directly to a file so that I can review what's going on at times.

Also, I originally sourced my database with 0.4.1 DB ADDON. I'm using EMU 0.4.1 of course. I then sourced in 0.4.2 db.sql and then sourced in the WorldData 1.1 Beta 5. All is good. Things are ok and working from what I can tell. I then want to get the basic quests like soulbinders working. The quest area has an addon that says you must be using 0.4.1 DB ADDON for it to work. I installed the quests on the EqEmu server under a directory called quests, stopped all servers and restarted completely, yet the quests aren't active. I suspect there's some flag somewhere that needs to be enabled or something. Any ideas?

I haven't done a lot of tinkering with things simply because I know there's updates and such and I'm not up for the heartache of sourcing in my own updates all the time. So as little bit of tweaking I can do manually the better.

Awesome Admin 4.1 tool!!! Nice update. Fixed the item problem with multiple chars. Keep up the awesome work!!