PDA

View Full Version : EQEmu Admin Tool 4.2

Windcatcher
03-12-2003, 03:17 PM
Ugh, that was a lot of work. :roll:
Anyway, here it is, in all its glory.

1. Compatible with EQEmu 0.4.3. It will NOT work with earlier versions.

2. Added some checking to all of the "Delete Record" buttons so that they won't try to delete from an empty dataset.

3. Adding records will insert a valid ID value for most if not all tables.

4. Made a change to prevent a crash when the item database is empty.

Two things:

I had to test with an empty DB. I could really, really use a DB that's compatible with 0.4.3.

I noticed that there were some NPC spells that showed up as "unknown" in the tool, which means that it doesn't have those entries in its SPELLS.TXT. If some kind soul could get those entries to me for the next version I'd be grateful.

Have at it, gang...

Wind

killspree
03-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Excellent! Will check it out now and let you know if I find any errors. :)

killspree
03-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Great release so far. Only bug I've found in the 2-3 hours of playing around with 4.2 is that the drop-down menus on the npc_types tab do not refresh.

This does nothing except may confuse some folks when switching between NPCs, because the race/class/etc stay the same every time.

Bardboy
03-13-2003, 02:29 PM
I have to tip my cap to you again, Windcatcher! Thank You again for all the hard work you do for us.

:D

enigmafyv
03-14-2003, 06:58 AM
When I start the admin program it prompts me right away and says:

Exception: cbNFFaction: Field 'npc_faction_id' not found

Once I ok that, then this message comes up:

tblSpawnGroup: Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset.

Any ideas?

Trumpcard
03-14-2003, 07:36 AM
What version of db.sql did you use?

Mortimus
03-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Ok I had the same problem in Mysql type the following:

use eq

Alter table Npc_types add column npc_faction_id int unsigned not null;

worked for me =)

izagod
03-14-2003, 11:57 AM
w00t gald to hear that i didnt mess up the admin tool hehe, after i added 4.3, i thought that i would be cold and lonly with my broken admin 4.0, but i cant find the link to download admin tool 4.2, if you could give me a link to the nearest 4.2 admintool i would be greatful! :D

killspree
03-14-2003, 07:01 PM
The tradeskills tab is corrupted for some reason, I can't quite figure it out.

When you select to add a new record, it picks a random item from the item db and then you cannot overwrite that. It also doesn't save the recipe.

I had to go into mysql and manually modify the recipes.

Windcatcher
03-15-2003, 05:00 PM
I've been overhauling a lot of the code for Admin 4.3 and I've found quite a few bugs in the program. Hopefully the tradeskills tab will work better for you once I release it.

WC

enigmafyv
03-16-2003, 05:14 AM
YOU DA BOMB!

Thanks Mortimus, that helped out with the Admin tool, now I can see everything again.

Mucho Appreciato

One thing I did notice though after being able to get the Admin Toll up an running is, now I can't edit anything. It'll let me view it, act like I can edit it, but when I commit the changes, everything reverts back to the way it was.

Any ideas?

Windcatcher
03-16-2003, 12:15 PM
What are you editing? One of the major bugs I found was in editing items.

WC

enigmafyv
03-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Anything I edit I can't save (commit) the changes. I was editing a characters skills in the Admin tool, and I would set like five skills to 252 and then hit the 'commit' button. As soon as I hit the button, before it would update, it would set the values back to their original status. I would also just try and update one at a time, but I got the same output.

Also, my maps still aren't working, but if there's a thread for this, could you help me find it?

killspree
03-17-2003, 12:05 AM
Just tested that as well, and it doesn't save skill changes.