PDA

View Full Version : eqgame.exe "problem"

Monrezz
03-14-2003, 11:05 AM
I am hosting my own MiniLogon server, have everything setup and have latest version of Emu (4.3). I have run the command line for world.exe (world.exe adduser eqemu eqemu 200), which fixed the annoying 1017 error. Now when I click on "Play Everquest" the screen flickers black and I get an error message saying:

"eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have tried running the emu with both eqw 2.32 and normally - both have the same error. The annoying thing is I have been in the emulator and played a few characters, sat and camped out, then when I try to connect to the server again I get the eqgame.exe crach.

Please someone, help!

Monrezz
03-15-2003, 02:23 AM
If I patch EQ, change eqhost.txt to minilogin and then login to my eqemu account I get to the server select and click play everquest, then get the 1017 error. If I run the eqemu patcher I don't get 1017 error anymore, but then I get the eqgame.exe error.

Btw:
I run Windows XP Home Edition
Have EQEmu v4.3
(Try) EQW v2.32

Memener
03-15-2003, 06:57 AM
sony might of change someone so if you patch you cant play on the eqemu servers you can try reinstalling EQ then use the eqemu patcher

Monrezz
03-15-2003, 11:23 AM
It can't be that because one minute it was working, I logged out to check a previous post on forums and when I tried to log back in I started getting messed around with this.

Memener
03-15-2003, 11:35 AM
sence i found out the EQemu patch messes up eqgame try to find the EQfix.zip and put those files in your Everquest folder. also if your using windowsXP it is a bad i idea becuase i used windowsXP for some time and it messed up my DB world.exe and a few other files. so you have a windows98 CD load it

Monrezz
03-17-2003, 07:03 AM
Got it all fixed.

See http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?p=33345#33345