PDA

View Full Version : Can't get in Permafrost or SplitPaw

Arley McFarley
03-20-2003, 10:16 AM
Hello,

I can't seem to get into Permafrost or SplitPaw (Infected Paw) for more than a minute or so. I'm running EQEmu 4.2, the Drawde worlddata1.1beta4.zip and a couple of Drawde's zone patch files. The patch files fixed most of the zones I'm trying to get into, but Permafrost still has issues.

When I issue the #zone command to Permafrost...
I end up inside Perma for just a minute or so and start to receive "pain and suffering" error messages. The character falls unconscious, dies and gets booted to the server select screen.

When I zone in from Everfrost...
I get inside the zone and can run around for about 1 minute before the client dies and I get booted to the server select screen.

In both cases I cannot use # GM commands while in the zone.

The same thing seems to happen in SplitPaw.
I get inside the zone (it's very dark, by the way) and can move around. When I stop moving, the client dies and I end up at the server select screen. Also, unable to use # GM commands.

Any idea why this happens in these two zones?

I built the LAN server so the family could play EQ for free, in a controlled environment (for the kids). We can get to Naggy, but we'd sure like to get to Vox, too.

Any zone coords or tips on accessing these two zones would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Arley

MayhemMaybe
03-21-2003, 05:00 AM
The problem I saw with Permafrost has to do with a door axis (or size, I can't remember which) being out of range (or too large or something). You can see the error messages on the Zone screen that was trying to handle Permafrost when your character enters. I'm not home so I can't boot up my EqEmu server to take a look at the actual message. I saw this in another zone as well. Same symptoms you can run around for a while but can't do anything and eventually disconnect.

If you zone in from another zone (instead of using the #zone command to get there) you can get back out if you hit the zone line quick enough to prevent your character from getting stuck (#zone commands dont' seem to work once you are in this state).

Arley McFarley
03-21-2003, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the reply.

If you identify the problem and have some kind of resolution effort I can try, please let me know.

Arley

Trumpcard
03-21-2003, 08:47 AM
You could always try dropping the door data for that particular table and see if that corrects your problem.

delete from doors where zonename like '%Perma%';

(cant remember that exact field name)