PDA

View Full Version : Even Khoung says this is a retared problem

Neville1355
03-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Well I do everything the readme says to set up the server, and by everything i mean everything 6 times over.

Every time I click to start world.exe it closes right away without an error message, so I used command to load it

It said "Could not open db.ini"

So I was thinking, thank god we know whats wrong! Well I go to see whats the deal with my db.ini, its perfect according to the #eqemu channel on IRC.

By this point I have spent 4 hours on one problem (I was kind of stressed)

I also tried doing the permission think with mysql.exe, that doesnt even work with me - every time it says blah blah blah doesnt have permission to database eq....

So this is my last ditch effort, please shed some light for me!

Magick
03-22-2003, 10:45 PM
Do you have db.ini in the same directory/folder with World.exe?

Neville1355
03-23-2003, 05:17 AM
Yes... I do

Lurker_005
03-25-2003, 12:10 PM
Did you edit it with notepad to set your username, pass and db? And do you have explorer set to hide extensions for file of known type?

This would result in a file db.ini.txt that displays as db.ini in explorer

Hide extensions of known type is the STUPIDIST default windows setting I know of. Notepat ALWAYS adding the .txt extension is the second.

Jehaad
03-29-2003, 11:02 AM
I am having the same problem. i keep getting the error cant open db.ini read README! i have read the read me thru and thru, scowered the msg boards. my folder options were set to hide known extensions....i changed it otherwise and it still does same thing. any other fixes?

and yes i have a db.ini in the same place as world.exe