PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on here - data best as i can report

Nas
03-27-2003, 03:04 AM
:cry:

Ok, trying to get started with this but run into all kinds of problems.
Downloaded the patcher, run it.little box pop's up says getting patcher data,finishes in 2 seconds, goes to main patch. in red text a list of missing files shows such as, Missing File: EQUI_LootWnd.xml, total of 8 missing files i can see but at end says All files OK of EQEmu! cant scoll to see what else is missing, nothing actually patches. checking the run EQ box does nothing.
run EQ check box is the only thing i can click/change/move/interact with,dunno if thats the way it supposed to be /shrug

ran through file check, downloaded every thing from normal eq

Follow how to log on according to the ReadMe link on the site.
run EQW but when trying to run the command given "C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme" i get a error box after entering command " Couldn't start C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme"
so, i just run "C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe"
with Fix eqclient.ini checked. get to log in and server select.
Trying to play on any server though gives me error 1017 cant log on may need to re run the Update Patch. /shrug

Looked around on the fourms for anything that looked useful, but nothing that i found, or could understand seemed helful =/

If any one could tell me how to go back about this from the beging would be much appreciated, with out getting to technical .
Or if theres something i can download to correct patching issues or connectivity problems.

brit4shains
03-27-2003, 03:31 AM
The patcher has to be run from the same directory as your *copy* of EQ is installed in.

Nas
03-27-2003, 08:54 AM
Ok, so i got it working.next issue =/
Get my char made and all, go to use #zone , game crashes to desktop, reload, get to char select, pick char, next loading screen for maybe 1 min then crash/close back to desktop =( tried to get back in five times, same result every time. any ideas ?

Nas
03-27-2003, 11:51 AM
bump...

i see im not the only on having problems with eqemu closing after char select, any ideas ppl, im lost here

Nas
03-27-2003, 06:09 PM
Was told a common fix for crashing right after char select / right befor world spawn was to create a new char and do #charmove.
tried it and same result, made 3 different chars and always crash, some one has to have a idea on how to fix it, im dyin here... gotta be able to play.. i still have to go kick the chit out of a whole city full of high elves

Nas
03-28-2003, 02:24 AM
Bah ! i gave up trying to accesse the first char i made and tried a new server, got on and played fine for awhile, then started gettign crashes to server select on zone, finnaly was screwing around and got killed, crashed to server select. loaded back up char select.. enter world.. right befor spawn.. everything closes... wtf is going on here, 2 different servers and i get the same problem.. how do i fix it ?