PDA

View Full Version : How do i make my own world server from scratch?

Fargonstuff
04-05-2003, 08:38 AM
Ok, based on what my buddy told me over the phone I did all that is required on makeing a Eqemu world. Now, what he told me oviously did not work cause when I click on the world icon the dos box comes up and then goes away... same thing with the boot5zones dos box. Now, I was wondering if anyone has any instrustions on how to make a new world server from scratch... I wanna start over and have a clean slait. Anyone got EXACT instrustions on that? Agane... After i did all that he told me i clicked on the Winmysqladmin... it came up then went away then I clicked on my "World" icon and the dos boz came up and went away... From what my buddy tells me its supposed to stay up, not go away. (the dos box)... and then I clicked on the boot5zones icon, and it spaned me with about 15 dox boxes and then they all went away. IM GOING MAD! WHATS WRONG! Anyone know? :cry:

Chicobomastr
04-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Same happens to me but i have'nt been able to figure it out :cry:

Medivh1984
04-08-2003, 09:53 AM
Hey, I don't know what OS you guys are using, but with WinXP, or pretty much any other Windows OS, if your "Dos" windows which are launched from .exe or .bat (such as world.exe, boot5zones.bat) are closing immediatly after opening, a solution is to launch them manually with Cmd. First, go to START -> RUN, and type cmd. This brings up your standard Dos Command window, from here you can direct the prompt to your eqemu directory where you are trying to launch world.exe, and boot5zones.bat. Then you can just manually run it, note that you need a seperate copy of cmd (from START -> RUN) running for EACH instance of World.exe, and zone.exe. Then you can launch it manually, examples below.

I went to START > Run, types Cmd, did this three times so I had 3 windows running. I navigated them all to my c:\eqemu (or wherever its located!), then ran world.exe in one. And in the other two, I ran Zone localhost 7995 localhost (or whatever), for running Zone.exe directly, you need to pass it the parameters that are in the boot5zones, I dont have it infront of me at the university here, but it was somthing like C:\eqemu\zone 127.0.0.1 7995 127.0.0.1 , I also had another cmd window running for my minilogin too of course. Anyways, the main point is to launch everything from a command(cmd) window so windows dosn't close it automatically.

Sorry if I get technical, its what I do.....
medivh@shaw.ca

rob348
04-10-2003, 04:02 AM
if you dont have winxp or windows 2000 (ie winme or win98) use the start run method mentioned above, but type in command instead of cmd

eq-chris
04-11-2003, 09:03 AM
Launching world.exe from a dos prompt won't solve your problem, just to be clear. It will let you see the error's and why it's closing so you can report the error here and possibly get an answer to your problem. Once you get the problem fixed, there's no need to go to the extra trouble of running the long way.