PDA

View Full Version : Multiple logons for 1 IP address on a LAN server.

Flecko
04-07-2003, 03:52 PM
I have set up a LAN server, and plan on spending some time playing at my brothers house. The problem is, he and his wife and kids share a computer, and they all play EQ. I was wondering, is it possible via the minilogon.ini file to allow multiple logons per their LAN IP address? I know the database has a place to allow different logons regardless of IP address, but since this is a lan server, am I going to be able to accomplish this?

If anyone has any insight, please let me know.
Thanks in advance,
-Flecko

bpogue99
04-08-2003, 03:50 AM
I don't know that you can do this with the current minilogin. The ini file has the assignments of userid to ip address, but that's about all it does. The password you type on the login screen doesn't even have to match what's in the ini file. I'd love to have a minilogin that doesn't key on the ip address, but rather keys on the login name instead. But that source is held pretty close to the developers for encryption reasons I believe.

What I did is create a shortcut on the desktop of my server to the miniloginaccounts.ini file. I edit it quickly as needed. I then have a batch file on the desktop that kills the minilogin and restarts it.

The batch file has:
kill /f minilogin
sleep 2
start /min minilogin

The kill is a Windows 2000 resource kit tool I think, and sleep is just a program to pause for x number of seconds. You can use whatever you want but that's the jest of it.

bill

Flecko
04-08-2003, 09:46 AM
Thanks, I'll just have to play with it and see if I can come up with something. Maybe if it comes down to it, I'll just have to have 1 account per IP.

Oh well, its nice that they released the tools to run a LAN server at all.

-Flecko