PDA

View Full Version : Can log into anyone elses server but cannot log into my own

Rujin
04-13-2003, 03:24 AM
Hey all!

I wasnted to say this is a great project first of all, but I have a couple of questions.

I have a copy of EQ (Trilogy + Luclin) fully patched as of yesterday from EQlive, I have successfully run the eqemu patch from the EQ directory and I can log into and play on any for the servers but I cannot log into my own (I am trying to use the latest version of the minilogin). I can start the server and everything launches fine, the server shows up in my server selection screen but when I attempt to log in to my own server, I get the "run update patch.." error. I followed all of the instructions to the letter and I'm stumped. Is there something I am forgetting? Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks all!

~Rujin

Spy
04-14-2003, 10:27 AM
I have the same problem!!! today 14.april i patched the eq to the latest patch... then i set up my own eqemu server. when i try to connect to any other eqemu server works fine, but when i use minilogin to get on mine i get the incorrect version message regardless of what username and password i use.. i cant get thru the login screen... why?! works on others but its wrong version for local use??

haywards6
04-19-2003, 02:36 PM
If you run minilogin you have to add the account info to world.exe
go to a command promt C:\eqemu and type "wold.exe adduser username password" and then you have to flag the account "world.exe flag username 200"

If you run minilogin locally you cannot run the server on EQEMU.net because it will try to create the account again when the eqemu server connects this will error world.exe and cause the patch error. if you are having trouble get a new world.exe file and copy it to your eqemu directory and overright the old one and then either create the account if using minilogin or try to run it from eqemu login server. this may have been hard to follow, sorry I am at work and short on time :)