PDA

View Full Version : Error with world.exe - important

Need_Helo
04-13-2003, 03:54 AM
Hello... I used the eqemu long time ago, it worked perfectly etc... now I download the new version, download everything of the new version even mysql, I set up all perfectly.. but when trying to run world.exe I get a bunch of errors and one second after, the window closes.

I can't tell you which errors I get because I can't do fast enough to read it, it closes after a second

db.ini

# READ README.TXT!

[Database]
host=localhost
user=lalalala
password=lalalalallala
database=eq
compression=off

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left "localhost" unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe.

Loginserver

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqlogin1.eqemu.net
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=VenuS
locked=false
account=
password=
worldaddress=80.117.x.x

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

Dead-Soul
04-17-2003, 08:26 AM
1) Open up a dos prompt (type command or cmd in the run box)

2) type cd\ then type cd c:\eqemu\ or wherever world.exe is located

3) type world.exe

4) it should not exit when it opens now it should stay in the same box and you can get the errors

5) post the errors here for others to read

vartha
04-17-2003, 03:38 PM
This is what I am getting when I run world.exe had to use command to keep it up.

C:\EqEmu>world.exe
Using database 'eq' at 127.0.0.1
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1
[Error] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1
Loading Variables, zone names & items...
LoadEMuShareMemDLL::Load() failed error=120
Error: Could not load item data

Dead-Soul
04-18-2003, 06:54 AM
do you have the EMuShareMem.dll file in the same directory as world.exe? if not go redownload that zip files and extract it there :D

digitalscream
04-19-2003, 11:15 PM
I have the exact same screen with the same errors. However, I checked to ensure EMuShareMem.DLL was in the c:\eqemu directory (along with world.exe) and it was OK. This is a fresh installation and I have double checked it. Everything seems to have been done as suggested in the readme.txt. Is there anything I need to do in the DB itself? I was going to use mysql and play around in there but don't want to screw it up. I'm not used to the Windows mysql file structure and don't wanna screw it up. I am more familiar with Linux.

Thank for any help,

Luke

dougle25
04-20-2003, 04:15 AM
I am having the same error 120 with world.exe, I hope its something simple myself, and not a huge problem to fix :cry:

Shadowstryder27
04-21-2003, 11:35 AM
I'm having the same problem. After 8 attempts I've finally gotten everything working, then I get to the world.exe and it says that. I don't know what it is.

Keletones
04-23-2003, 01:44 AM
I am brand new to eqemu. I downloaded the files and followed the instructions. I am getting the same thing except the one line says,

LoadEMuShareMemDLL::Load<> failed error=5070248

digitalscream
05-01-2003, 02:04 AM
Just for further clarification, the system I was attempting to install this server on was a P3-500 w/128mb ram and the OS was Windows 98 SE. I used the version of mySQL server (3.23 I believe) that was recommended in the readme text file. If there is a pattern with other's having the same problem it might be the OS.

- Luke

pyrodigm
05-01-2003, 04:50 PM
I'm also getting the error =120 when I try to run the world.exe. Here's my configuration if it helps. I'm trying to run a lan server so I'm using localhost for IPs.

System is win98 se.

db.ini

[Database]
host=localhost
user=test
password=test
database=eq
compression=off

loginserver.ini

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=Pyrodigm's
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

Boot5zones

@echo off

if NOT exist spells_en.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . localhost 7995 localhost
start zone . localhost 7996 localhost
start zone . localhost 7997 localhost
start zone . localhost 7998 localhost
start zone . localhost 7999 localhost
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_en.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

Here is the text when I run world.exe

c:\eqemu>world
using database 'eq' at localhost
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.3
[Error] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.3
Loading variables, zone names & items...
LoadEMuShareMemDLL::Load() failed error=120
Error: Could not load item data

Any clues on the error 120 or the error with the current world version? Thanks for the help.

pyrodigm
05-02-2003, 08:22 PM
Okay, I switched to the 44dr1 files and it works perfectly. You can find them in the world builder forum under Drawde's post.