PDA

View Full Version : Can someone make an all in one (updated, too) installer?

Elkezix
04-15-2003, 02:07 PM
I've tried quite a few times to get this to work but I can never edit my server. I've seen it on the list but I can't get anything to edit it. I have install EVERY file on this site (I'm sure that's a problem) since it never says which one to install. It says to "Install EQEmu" which I saw different files like "EQEmu Admin" and "EQEmu Source" and I'm not sure which is supose to go where.... I just want someone to make a nice zip file that has what you need to start a server. And a good instructions, since the ReadMe on this site really seems to skip a few things (since I get errors they dun talk about).

I'd try to just post what errors I get but no one replies, and when they do it's about something else someone else had a problem with.

Trumpcard
04-15-2003, 11:07 PM
There is a nice zipfile with everything you need to start a server..

its the WIN32.zip one....

And theres documentation inside of that zipfile...

Elkezix
04-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Okay, first thing it tells me to do is open WinMySQLAdmin which does ask me for the username and password, but the program says this in the MyODBC:

Not Found
Driver 3.51 Not Found

Is that a problem?

haywards6
04-19-2003, 02:29 PM
No the driver is not a problem, mine runs fine

MceeD
04-20-2003, 11:10 AM
I concure Same no driver message and mine is up

I had some of the same frustration putting up a server. I found most of the solutions looking for readme files in the programs / zip files themselves.

On thing that was really interesting was after everything was cool and I was up I read a post about starting with a fresh updated copy of EQ.

So I copied my EQ files (the one I use in the live game) into my EQemu file (the one I use for the server) and then I used the patcher (which must be moved into server file and run from there). Once I had the patcher "fix" my eq files. I had alot better lluck adding content to my server.