PDA

View Full Version : Expansions and Experience

Scruffdog
04-15-2003, 07:36 PM
I've read through all the Readme's and such that I can find. Of course it is 1:30 AM here so maybe I just missed the answer I'm looking for. I actually have two questions that I would be grateful to have answered.

I made my own server to use on my LAN. I'm using Drawde's newest DB with his new DB addon. Then I have the Quest 4.0 for my quests. Not sure if any of that information changes anything. Anyway on to the questions.

1) How would I go about awarding more xp per kill on my server?

2) How would I go about disabling expansions so that all that was left would be the Old World? I want to add Kunark in a while, then Velious a little while later etc. I know that the Guild Wars server had it set up for only Old World. Graphics, zones, and everything. What would be the easiest way to do this and then still be able to enable them when I want?

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm sorry if I just missed the answer to these in one of the readmes, like I said it's real early here.

Scruffdog

P.S. Thanks to everyone that has helped make this possible. I really enjoy this :D .

IAOpieo
05-30-2003, 08:00 AM
did anyone ever answer you on how to work those things and give out more exp??
i would love to know how to hand out more exp and be a simple classic server
thanks for your time
Opieo

a_Guest03
05-30-2003, 08:41 AM
Read the readmes - like the last poster did. It's probably just a field in a database, edited commonly by a world editing tool. I don't know for sure, as I haven't been responsible for a server for quite some time.

AK1121
05-30-2003, 04:04 PM
1) http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?p=40988#40988
2) (in mysql) INSERT INTO variables SET varname = "Expansions" , value = 0 ;