PDA

View Full Version : Client won't Connect to My Minilogin Server - Help PLz

BaneMalar
04-18-2003, 07:12 PM
I'm stumped.

I know my miniserver is setup correctly. There are no errors listed in my world.exe or zone5.bat. It works great and I have no problems logging into my world from the server computer. However I am unable to connect from a client on my network.

I have patched the client and I have tested that patch by logging into a couple worlds on the main eqlogin1.eqemu.net with no problems.
From the client, I can log into my server selection screen and I see my world with no problems. However, when I enter the world, it starts to work for about 2 seconds, then drops back to the server selection screen with a 1017 Error.
From the server's minilogin window, I can see my client connecting fine with no errors. It stays connected until I actually quit.

I know the account is fine, because it works perfectly on my server.

Originally I thought it may be my router. So I rewired my network so the only thing on it was the server and the client, nothing else. Still had the exact same problem.

Both the computers have no problems talking to each other. I share files between them and I can see both of them under "Entire Network".

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :lol:

BaneMalar
04-19-2003, 01:26 AM
No worries, I got it to work. :shock:

I didn't have the "MiniLoginAccounts" file setup correctly.
I had:

localhost myuserid password
localhost clientid password

When it should have been:

localhost myuserid password
Client'sIP clientid password

I also found that using "localhost" instead of the specific IP can cause some problems. So I went through and switched that where ever nessassary. It works like a charm now!

My wife and I just spent an VERY enjoyable evening on our own server. Kudos to all the people that have put tons of effort into this project. It's a real gem!

a_Guest03
04-19-2003, 03:44 AM
It's getting better every day :) Keep your eyes open.