PDA

View Full Version : Need help to start server on local machine

IwantEQ
04-22-2003, 01:13 PM
Hello everyone!

I have been trying to get a server to run on my local machine. I have poured over the documents/tutorials/how-tos and error msg posts. They have been very informative.

Basically on the server machine (Intel P4 300mhz, 1GB RAM, 60GB HD, 128MB graphics card ATI) I am dying at the point where I am supposed to run the eqgame patchme method.

The error I am getting is ...

The procedure entry point _AIL_set_3D_speaker_type@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

a_Guest03
04-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Damn, you got me!

vetoeq
04-22-2003, 02:33 PM
Shot in the dark, but do you have some fancy sound card/drivers? It looks like your system is trying to init some fancy 3D sound stuff...maybe turn those features off?

--
VetoEQ

ednecro
04-23-2003, 04:20 AM
I noticed the zone explorer bombs with this same message.
Got some great advice from howdey yesterday.
Try patching up to latest version , then do the emu patcher, and try this with 0.4.3 and get 4.4dr1 from the CVS

ALSO

Search for all instances of the mss32.dll file on the system. If you find one in the winnt\system32 directory try renaming it. NT law dictates that it will read DLL's in system32 first and then it will try to use any copies of the DLL found in the general PATH variable before using the one in the local application directory.
Wrot's of ruck!!!

IwantEQ
04-24-2003, 01:00 PM
That did it. Repatched EQ and got the EQemu after. Worked like a charm.

Thanks!

ednecro
04-25-2003, 02:03 AM
Way to go man! Bobs your uncle!!!

menith
04-27-2003, 07:22 PM
I am getting a similar error. I am running 98se and everything seems to work until i go to start, and run the "eqgame.exe" patchme part. then i get

The EQGAME.EXE file is linked to missing export MSS32DLL:_AIL_set_3D_speaker_type@8.

I tried looking at my sound card settings as suggested in the second post but it didn't work and i don't have a mss32.dll file in my windows directory. What should I do? :(

a_Guest03
04-28-2003, 01:59 AM
Use the find program to find all mss files. If there is more than 1, rename one something else, reboot, try again. If that doesn't work, switch them around (rename the other, rename first one back to mss) and reboot, try again.

ednecro
04-28-2003, 02:09 AM
If you search and you are positive that here is no other occurence
of the mss32.dll, then eqgame.exe really is matched with an incorrect version of the mss32.dll.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

I dont have my working emu directory available where im at,
but it may be helpful if you post the mss32.dll's version number
(right click on dll file, select properties, in properties select version tab, look at the file version specified.)

Can you post this version number?
Maybe verant has updated this file at some point...
Can someone with a working emu post their version as well.

menith
05-02-2003, 10:04 AM
What it was is me being VERY stupid. I followed the walkthrough but not closely enough. I loaded eq software, copied it to another folder , ...THEN I patched. So, of course the patched files were just going into the original folder and i was pulling my hair out. So remember, load, patch then copy!
OK. So i'm an idiot.