PDA

View Full Version : World dissconectioning clients PLEASE help

Fargonstuff
04-24-2003, 11:21 AM
My world ive had a lot of problems with it. I want to get all the bugs worked out really badly. Anyway. The problem I have is whenever me, or anyone tries to log on my world it dissconects them right after they choose their character. After I or any other chooses their char and then press enter world, it begins its second loading period and then the music stops, and I get booted off to server select screen. Then I close EQW and look at the dos prompt and scroll up and all it says is stuff like. Client dissconected, and removeing client from *Bunch of numbers* and just stuff that hints that people are getting dissconected before they can enter the game. This has happned since I started this server and now I want it fixed! Anyone got any ideas? Im really sad atm. :cry:

vetoeq
04-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Check that the IP addresses in your Boot5Zones.bat file are correct.

Fargonstuff
04-24-2003, 04:16 PM
Yes my IP in boot5zones are correct

vetoeq
04-24-2003, 05:48 PM
Are they 127.0.0.1 or an actual IP address? 127.0.0.1 is fine if you are only running EQ on the localhost, but you'll need a non-loopback if you are on another machine.

Fargonstuff
04-25-2003, 05:00 AM
I put in my real IP in the boot5zones.bat and loggin.ini and im putting up my world on the same comp that i want to play it on... is there a problem there?
Do i need to fix summtin?

Fargonstuff
04-25-2003, 05:14 AM
I want to have my world open for other peeps to play on it.... but whenever me or someone tries to connect to it, it boots them off to server select screen right after they choose their char.

Djani
04-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Friend of mine had this problem a couple days ago. Make sure boot5zones has the IP TWICE for each zone server.

Go back and make sure your not putting a bogus IP in the INI's.. be sure MySQL is running :D

if none of this helps you i have no clue, everything works for me no problems at all.

Are you on Charter by chance?

Fargonstuff
04-26-2003, 03:53 PM
Yes i checked all that its all fine... no i use DSL extreme

a_Guest03
04-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Do you always use eqw? Have you tried the eqgame.exe patchme technique? If your version of eqw is 2.35a, that could be the problem.

Sk8ordiek2k1
03-23-2004, 05:06 AM
My problem is identical to his, All of my IP addresses are corect, i use patchme instead of EWwin, I'm not running behind a firewall. I cannot think of any reason why the zones arent letting clients connect.