PDA

View Full Version : Problems with World.exe

cconrad
04-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Hi All.

Ive recently setup my own server with Windows XP and had no problem at all.

So my friend asks me to come over and setup a server for him.

Well I followed every thing in the Read me and other posts on how to setup a server found here, and his wont run.

I Run the minilogin, no problems there at all
I run world.exe and this comes up:

Using database 'eq' at localhost (no problem here)
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1 (Not here)
[ERROR] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1 (?)
Loading Variables, zone names & items...(ok.. no problem)
LoadEMuShareMemDLL::Load() failed error=120(?)
Error: Could not load item data (?)

He is running Windows 98.. I ran all the updates on it possible, including the MDAC upgrades.

Ive checked all the files and they go along with mine perfectly. I am not sure exactly what to do to get it running on his machine, other then telling him to upgrade to windows XP :roll: .

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

haywards6
04-25-2003, 03:28 PM
Is "EMuShareMemDLL" in the EQEMU folder ?

It seems that the file is missing, check and make sure you have a full current emulator release, not bits and pieces of different ones. some ask for this file and some do not. if it is asking for the file it would have come with it. That is just one possability. also make sure the database is set up right, give yourself permission to access the DB. also in the future try not to edit code and error messages it took half a cup of coffee before I realized what was going on with the (no problem here) statements :)

cconrad
04-25-2003, 07:01 PM
hehe. i didnt think about the confusion it my cause, was only trying to show my thought process.

Anyway, all files are there, and all are in the eqemu directory.. once more, the Databases are all set up right. The only thing that differs is the friends computer is Windows 98 and mine (The one that works) is Windows XP.

Thanks for your input, have a good night.

haywards6
04-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Windows 98 should not be the problem. I still have some doubt about the Database being acurate or db.ini looking in the wrong place for the database or with the wrong password. I set up and taken down my server so many times now It never surprises me when I leave some small detail out like a space at the end of a line in a .ini file or something. All I can say is to go over with a fine tooth comb and then filter what you find with a clean sock and then boil the rest till purified :) There are so many things that can go wrong, if you have time post all the files here for us to look over. Hope we can help you through this, I know I have recieved lots of help here.