PDA

View Full Version : How do I get patcher to work

Rashgar
04-25-2003, 03:55 PM
I am very new to EQemu and just downloaded patcher. And when I use it I get a " Runtime 53 error" :cry: ANd I also get a list of stuff that is missing. Any help on how to get this to work would be great :lol:

Oaftorious
04-25-2003, 05:14 PM
i am having the same problem, any suggestions on how to fix it?

Rashgar
04-25-2003, 07:23 PM
Well I just found out how to get it to work. Download the patch into the EQ emu file or what ever file you made when you made a copy of everquest. Then doulble click on the icon that says sumthin like Eqemupatch.zip
( You may have to scroll down a bit) then double click on that to unzip it. After that install it to the EQ emu file (mentioned above) and doulble click on a new icon called Patch and then it should start to download all the files. This may be a bit confusing but it works if you get it right :twisted:

Oaftorious
04-26-2003, 03:31 AM
that is what i did last night and it still doesnt work. :?:

Lurker_005
04-26-2003, 05:42 AM
Did you read http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=6318 Specifically item 3

Eqemupatch.exe and mdac_typ.exe are install programs, run them from anywhere, and follow the install dialogs.

Oaftorious
04-27-2003, 06:19 AM
Make sure you install the EQEmu Patcher to your EQ folder (the same folder you just patched). If you get any errors trying to use the patcher, install the mdac update which can be found at http://www.eqemu.net/patcher/mdac_typ.exe

do i put that in the orignal EQlive folder? or the one i copied to run EQemu?

i tried both ways, and im still getting errors saying i am missing files, i get the green scrypt saying that EQEmu is good to go, but when i i have the run checked, i still get there error 53

Lurker_005
04-28-2003, 12:59 PM
When talking about EQEmu stuff you can assume your "EQ folder" is the copy you made specifically for EQEmu.

I thought the installer took care of all the files needed except the mdac_typ, but perhaps you need the MS VB runtime files (http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/VBRun60sp5.exe)

a_Guest03
04-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Write what runtime 53 says - I don't remember it by heart. If you write it, I'll fix it.

Oaftorious
04-29-2003, 08:43 AM
file not found. it says i am missing a lot of files, but in green it tells me that EQ can run if i dont have the box marked in time. and i have copied directly from the EQlive folder. :?:

a_Guest03
04-29-2003, 10:32 AM
You installed patcher to the wrong folder if it does that - reinstall it, and specify your /everquest (not /everquest/patcher) folder. Make sure that the INSTALLATION goes to everquest folder, not the install exe file that you doubleclick to install.

Rashgar
04-29-2003, 11:45 AM
This is what the filename where you downloaded it to

C:\program files\<whatever file you named your copy of everquest>

And I think you install to that program also. Hope this helps :twisted:

Oaftorious
04-29-2003, 12:14 PM
LOL, i cant believe it took that long. oh well it was fault, thanks everyone for helping.