PDA

View Full Version : Summoning Creatures/ Kaiyodo's Spell Editor

Shadowrun[EQ]
04-26-2003, 10:05 AM
Hey I was wondering if anyone had played with Kaiyodo's Spell editor enough to know how one would go about creating summoning spells. I want to create a spell that summons a specific creature, orc/dragon whatever it maybe. I notice theres a spot in the editor that list what summoned item is for an air elemtal, it would be"SumAirR4". Obviously SumAirR4 represents an air elemental, but does anyone know where i could find what is used to represent other creatures? Like what string of text would represent a dragon and so forth?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

haloboycs
05-05-2003, 01:04 AM
some zone dont have specific model, if that answers 2 uer question?

Wiz
05-05-2003, 11:41 PM
The string of text is irrelevant in itself, it has to have support in the pet code. You can essentially make it summon anything, but you have to edit MakePet() in spells.cpp to get it to work. Also, only global models are really a good idea to make pets.

Shadowrun[EQ]
05-23-2003, 01:04 AM
Well really, i would like to make spells that would summon different types of creatures. For instance

Make a spell that summons an orc, or a creature using the orc model.

How would I go about doing that? I looked at the summon spells and they have a specific string used to call a model. Basically all I need is to find what strings summon what models. Anyone have any info on that?

Edgar1898
05-23-2003, 04:35 AM
The spells in spells_en.txt are irrelevant in this case, to do what you want you will have to change some code. In spells.cpp find where it creates the mob you want to change and change its race to whatever you want.

Solx
05-23-2003, 05:42 AM
But again, MOB models are stored in their zones, so you will need to make it summon different things in different zones. For example, you cannot show an Ice Giant in Oasis, the model is just simply not there. But I think this could be a really neat idea anyway.

haloboycs
05-23-2003, 06:59 AM
they got golem model in oasis (hg, golem, fg, ig, *sand giant*)..

he meant, like... you cannot summon terris-thule in oasis.

try non-legit server, ok spawn whatever u can in steamfont, minotaur as a example, then try spawn minotaur model in oasis, they will show as human.

DeletedUser
05-23-2003, 08:27 PM
Solx, ice giant would work in oasis.
You spawn a giant, then change its texture.

i.e: if giants race is 24

Then #spawn Giant 24

Then #texture 1,2,3,4. It'd go through hill giant, ice giant, fire giant, etc.

Shadowrun[EQ]
05-24-2003, 11:15 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I checked out the spells.cpp and found the lines for the pets. I think i'll be able to do what i want to do. I'll have to learn a little c++ but it looks feasible.

I do have another question. If i edit the source so I can get my pet spells to work, others would be able to connect to my server and wouldn't have to download anything right? It something that should only be server side right?

IARafaien
05-31-2003, 12:24 PM
thanks for the neat idea. I made my mage epic pet a size 12 blue drake smacking for hundreds, 5000 hp, 50 hp per tick regen, and added enrage, weeeee. Dang you baron for gimping the mage pets =).

- Rafaien Khamendene

06-08-2003, 04:51 AM
THANK GOD FOR OPEN SOURCE, :)