PDA

View Full Version : World.exe problems (and I couldn't find the answer)

dinerian
04-26-2003, 06:57 PM
Ok, I looked all around the forums and only a few people have/had this problem but I can never seem to find the solution. Anyways, when I run world.exe from the command promt it gives me the error message "[Database] block not found in db.ini" and says to read the readme, where I found nothing of help. My db.ini is

[Database]
host=localhost
user=*censored*
password=*censored*
database=eq
compression=off

Just the way all the walkthrough said to put it. I am trying to run through localhost, running windows 2k, latest version of eqemu.
My login server info is

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginserver2=localhost
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=Evertest
locked=false
account=
password=
worldaddress=localhost

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

I realize that there are many people asking for their problems solved but I assure you I searched for a solution to no avail. I would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to offer.

Dinerian

AK1121
04-26-2003, 09:20 PM
http://www.crimsoneditor.com

redownload the emu, and edit the files using this text editor

notepad tends to do weird things

dinerian
04-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Ok, I tried using that program with a fresh copy of all the files but I still get the same error... :(

Dinerian

haywards6
04-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Double check the db.ini file and make sure there are no spaces anywhere before or after anything. I will be monitoring tonight for about 8 hours so let me know how your doing.

dinerian
04-27-2003, 06:11 PM
Ok that worked :D , but now I get a problem after I get past that point, it says that the loginserver.ini is having that problem. I went in and got rid of all the extra spaces but it didnt work. here is what happened after I ran world.exe in the command promt.

Using database 'eq' at localhost
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.3
[Error] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.3
Loading Variables, zone names & items...
EMuShareMem.dll loaded.
Loading items from database...
...done.
[LoginServer] block not found in 'LoginServer.ini'.
Loading guild ranks...done.
Loading EQ time of day..."./eqtime.cfg" is NOT a vaild EQTime file. File version
is 0; EQTime version is 1000 - failed.
Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database.
Assassinating people that whine about horses...done
TCP listening on: port 9000
World server listening on: port 9000

Hope you can help with this one too, and thanks for the other tip :wink:

Dinerian

*edit* Also, I am suppose to have a miniloginaccounts.ini or somthing similar? because when I downloaded minilogin it was just the program...

dinerian
04-27-2003, 06:38 PM
Ok, just checked my loginaccounts.ini thingy and found another space.. so that works - going to try and run throught hte whole thing and hope everything will work now (what are the chances of that!)

Dinerian

dinerian
04-27-2003, 06:53 PM
Ok, I am still getting the minilogin ini problem - going to do a search for it and hope for the best

Dinerian

dinerian
04-27-2003, 07:26 PM
Ok, resolved the miniloginaccounts.ini problem thanks to some digging, now supposedly I am suppose to be able to run minilogin.exe then world.exe then boot5zones.exe and then run the eqgame.exe patchme - I do all of that and go into login and put my name as eqemu, pw: eqemu, but then it says username/password doesnt exist. I did the "world addaccount eqemu eqemu 200" thingy, and when I log in with my normal account (one for these forums) I just go to the server select with everybody's servers, not mine of course.

Any ideas?

Dinerian

haywards6
04-27-2003, 09:43 PM
ok this is a whole new set of problems, if you are getting to the server with everyones server listed you are using a eqhost file that points you to eqemu and that will need to be changed to localserver. that file gets changed automaticly when you patch so remember to keep it updated manually. unless you wish to publish yours on the eqemu login server in which case you wont need to run minilogin :) I hope that made sence I have been up for a long time now.

dinerian
04-27-2003, 10:45 PM
WOOHOO! Thank you sooo much.. Now just to figure out how to put in all the npcs and items... sure was laggy though, figured it wouldn't be but oh well. Thanks again

Dinerian

haywards6
04-27-2003, 11:53 PM
I am so glad I was able to offer some help, all you need to do now is pick up one of the database addons, checkout the world building forum :) good luck your on the high road now

AK1121
04-28-2003, 12:23 AM
hmm seems like all of this happened while i was sleeping ;)

ok here goes :
1 - u need a DB addon, in the world building forum there is a sticky about the latest builds, etc, start there =)

2- lag.. hmm.... in ur everquest directory, change ur datarate.txt to read 15.0 or something around there, anything under 10.0 will b laggy =)

good luck
AK1121

dinerian
04-28-2003, 08:40 AM
Ok, I inserted the DB and now I get the dreaded 1017 error, but it just started AFTER I put in the DB with all the stuff in it. I have searched the forums and found no real solutions to the problem, and now to make it even worse, when I run the eqemu patcher it says it can't connect to it :( so if anyone happens to know a solution I would be very appreciative.

Dinerian

haywards6
04-28-2003, 02:27 PM
The 1017 patch error is basic catch all error, it is simply stating that you can not connect with your corrent settings and that a patch is probably needed. Check your world.exe window after you get the error the answer is allways there, it may be that you are using minilogin and you have not added the account info into your database yet, or if you are using the eqemu login server you are getting a duplicate account name when you login. what this means is that you cannot use a minilogin account on the eqemu server, you have to either use minilogin and play local or host it on eqemu.

dinerian
04-28-2003, 08:08 PM
I got rid of the 1017 error by starting over from scratch - sure was alot easier knowing how/what to do - Now I can log into my server but I get booted back to server select after selecting a character and hitting enter world. Once again I searched the forums and found little to nothing that helped so if anyone happens to know I would be quite thankful if you would post it here or link a different post.

Dinerian

*edit* ok just tried running again and it didnt work, looked the some of the boot5zones windows and found some things that might point me in direction if I knew what to look for (no idea what that means), ok it said "[error] handlepacket <> opcode error: Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING2"
Then it goes on to say "GethAuth: ip mismatch" and some numbers, finally it says "[Error] GetAuth<> returned false kicking client"

The only error that came up in world.exe was "Error: Inflate packet: inflate<> returned -3 'unknown compression methed'"

Could any of these be due to the DB im using, I didn't really have a clue as how to install it so I kinda did some guessing. Hope this info helps you find a solution

Dinerian *end of edit*

haywards6
04-28-2003, 10:45 PM
Your best bet would be to go pick up the latest Database addon and source it in after you source in the original db.sql from the emulator zip file. just drop the current database and source it all in again and try that.

AK1121
04-29-2003, 03:59 AM
1 - You can log in without a DB addon

if u can, try using drawde's beta5 db, along with a 0.4.4dr1 client.

2- You can't log in without a DB addon

what version u using? try to get a 0.4.4dr1 (either by CVS, telmet's site, or drawde's post) if all goes well, it should load.

** edit **

IP Mismatch...? make sure all the IPs are that which u are using in EQHost.. so say the IP in ur EQHost is 192.168.0.1, make sure ur boot5zones.bat reads
zone . 192.168.0.1 7995 192.168.0.1
and different ports for the other 4 zone servers..

check ur world address too, dunno if it is an issue or not, but its worth a try. =)

Good Luck
AK1121

AK1121
04-29-2003, 03:59 AM
1 - You can log in without a DB addon

if u can, try using drawde's beta5 db, along with a 0.4.4dr1 client.

2- You can't log in without a DB addon

what version u using? try to get a 0.4.4dr1 (either by CVS, telmet's site, or drawde's post) if all goes well, it should load.

** edit **

IP Mismatch...? make sure all the IPs are that which u are using in EQHost.. so say the IP in ur EQHost is 192.168.0.1, make sure ur boot5zones.bat reads
zone . 192.168.0.1 7995 192.168.0.1
and different ports for the other 4 zone servers..

check ur world address too, dunno if it is an issue or not, but its worth a try. =)

Good Luck
AK1121

dinerian
04-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Ok, I got it working =D, my server is populated and all, but I can'r seem to summon items, and nothing I would kill dropped any, Im using 1.1 beta4. If you have any more suggestions i'd be very happy to listen :wink: