PDA

View Full Version : spells_en.txt??????

menith
04-27-2003, 04:55 AM
:?: I'm new to this whole eqemu thing so this may sound stupid, but... I have not been able to log on to a server, it gives me an error saying eqhost.txt nopt found, or something along that line. I've followed the steps in the tutorials to the best of my feeble abilities, what do I do?

On another note, I tried setting up a local server of my own, but have run into the same snag every way a try to do it. That is I am missing spells_en.txt and so cannot modify boot5zones.bat. I also am having trouble with the Db bu first things first, what do i do about spells_en.txt? :cry:

Arradine
04-27-2003, 05:17 AM
It wasn't a particularly cogent post, so I don't know if I'm answering your question, but:

You can find the spells_en.txt file in your main EverQuest folder (Default: C:\Program Files\Everquest\).

To edit the Boot5Zones.bat file you right click on it and hit EDIT which opens up something in notepad, since .bat files are really just listing of commands to be applied in MS-DOS.

The database issue is kinda weird if you don't follow computer stuff...

But yeah, first things first...

Find me on AIM as Shadowtemplar86 if you want some help with this stuff... meh...

o.0

Not that I especially know what I'm doing either... I just deleted something from my registry, and I don't know what it was.

><

menith
04-27-2003, 06:36 AM
Actually I looked in my Everquest folder and there is no spells_en.txt. I didn't make that clear in my first post. sorry.
And when i run the patcher it list it as a missing file. I've been working at this a while but i am not a computor wiz by any means.
I have the original EQ disc, ruins of Kunark and Scars of Velios. I've downloaded just about every file i can find and have two different tutorials printed out to help set up a local server. I've tried both and run into this problem in both. Any suggestions are much appreciated. :D

haywards6
04-27-2003, 02:15 PM
The spells.en.txt file is in your everquest folder where you installed EQ too, It is allways there. If it is not there then patch to live and it will get added. It is hard to find as the eq folder is huge and it may take a steady eye to locate it. once you find it just copy and paste it into your eqemu directory. If you are absolutly sure that it is gone !! even after doing a total file search from live eq there are only a couple things you can do..1 get the file from a friend, 2 reinstall EQ. If this does not help then you are probably the only one that I have seen with this problem and may simply be destined to not run eqemu :(

I truely hope this has helped in some small way.