PDA

View Full Version : Consoladating - 1002 error can't patch, no internet

wannabe
04-29-2003, 06:53 AM
At this point I'm looking at a 1002 error, wish I hadn't started a new post, but already had a problem I solved here. So I edited out the previous problem and I'm trying to consolidate my posting :)

Oh and Using EQEMu-0.4.4-DR1+Telmet-Win32.zip now.

Using Minilogin.exe ver. 010503 Got if off of the main page.

Using MySQL-4.0.12-Win.zip

Also downloaded the eqbackup00.zip and imported into eq database.

Win xp Home
512mb PC2100 SoDimm
40GB Harddrive ATA 100
1.8GHz Pentium 4
Mobility 6M ATI 32MB

I'll post the files shortly.

I asked in the forum if it's possible to get a single computer with no possible internet connection up and running, running the server and playing an account without being able to patch, I was told yes, I'm searching for the fix.

I found some posts finally.... the search feature is weird here.... not even relevant to the search criterea..... But they don't help. Something about the Version is not matching.

I totally uninstalled the 0.4.3 version and installed the 0.4.4 version. I'm at the same spot. I've repopulated the database. Everything is connecting. I should be able to play, however I'm not getting in at all past the username password where we are supposed to enter eqemu eqemu for the account. This is right before server selection.

:/ I'm frustrated :p But not giving up.

Here's my files. You should find everything in order.

Boot5zones.bat

REM: ****Read this first!!!****

REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "hosthere" when you are connecting
REM: To the EQEmu Loginserver.

REM: When you are using minilogin, Replace all IP Addresses to say 127.0.0.1

REM: If you still get errors try using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_en.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . 127.0.0.1 7995 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7996 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7997 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7998 127.0.0.1
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7999 127.0.0.1

exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_en.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

db.ini

# READ README.TXT!

[Database]
host=localhost
user=******
password=*******
database=eq
compression=off

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left "localhost" unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe.

LoginServer.ini

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginserver2=localhost
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=iksararegods
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Standalone
ServerPort=5999
UplinkAddress=
UplinkPort=
UplinkAccount=
UplinkPassword=

MiniLoginAccounts.ini

# Max 200 lines total (including comments and blank lines)
# Blank lines may mess up the line # reported in error messages
localhost eqemu eqemu

eqhost.ini

[Registration Servers]
{
"localhost:5999"
}
[Login Servers]
{
"localhost:5999"
}

Anything else?

ednecro
04-29-2003, 07:36 AM
I get this same error and it does not effect me logging in a playing on a local setup. That probably means the error is a coincidence and you just need to patch to the right level. I was in the same boat with not having a machine on the network. I ended up having to patch the eq directory on a machine with net access, then burn it to 3 CD's (2.05gb) and copy it over that way. May not be the easiest way to do it but it worked.

Hope you get it running :D

wannabe
04-29-2003, 07:47 AM
I've also tried replacing all instances of LocalHost in the above files with 127.0.0.1 and then tried back with all at LocalHost, same error.

Oh and NO FIREWALL IS RUNNING :P

Not one. The box is unchecked.

wannabe
04-29-2003, 11:41 PM
Minilogin

LoginServer.ini read.
MiniLoginAccounts.ini read.
Server mode: Standalone
Login server listening on port:599
New TCP connection: 127.0.0.1:1219

World.exe

Using database 'eq' at 127.0.0.1
[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1
[Error] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1
Loading Variables, zone names & items...
EMuShareMem.dll loaded.
Loading items from database...
... done.
LoginServer.ini read.
Loading guild ranks...done.
Loading EQ time of day..."./eqtime.cfg" is NOT valid EQTime file. File version is 0; EQTime version is 1000 - failed.
Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database.
Deleted -1 stale player backups from database.
Formatting drive C:
TCP listening on: 127.0.0.1:9000
World server listening on: 127.0.0.1:9000
Connected to LoginServer: 127.0.0.1:5999
9413 New TCP connection: 127.0.0.1:1225
New zoneserver: #1 127.0.0.1:1225
Zoneserver SetConnectionInfo: 127.0.0.1:1225: 127.0.0.1:7999
9473 New TCP connection: 127.0.0.1:1226
9473 New TCP connection: 127.0.0.1:1227
New zoneserver: #2 127.0.0.1:1227
New zoneserver: #3 127.0.0.1:1226
Zoneserver SetConnectionInfo: 127.0.0.1:1226: 127.0.0.1:7995
Zoneserver SetConnectionInfo: 127.0.0.1:1227: 127.0.0.1:7996
9533 New TCP connection: 127.0.0.1:1228
9533 New TCP connection: 127.0.0.1:1229
New zoneserver: #4 127.0.0.1:1229
New zoneserver: #5 127.0.0.1:1228
Zoneserver SetConnectionInfo: 127.0.0.1:1228: 127.0.0.1:7998
Zoneserver SetConnectionInfo: 127.0.0.1:1229: 127.0.0.1:7997

7995: sleeping, 1116

[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1
[Error] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.4.4-DR1
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items
EMuShareMem.dll loaded.
[Status] Loading npcs
Loading NPCTypes from database...
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
Loading NPC Faction Lists from database...
[Status] Loading loot tables
Loading Loot tables from database...
[Status] Loading doors
Loading Doors from database...
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] entering sleep mode
Connected to worldserver: 127.0.0.1:9000

7996: sleeping, 1716

[Status] Loading items
EMuShareMem.dll loaded.
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading guilds

7997: sleeping, 1484

[Status] Loading items
EMuShareMem.dll loaded.
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading guilds

7998: sleeping, 444

[Status] Loading items
EMuShareMem.dll loaded.
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading guilds

7999: sleeping, 176

[Status] Loading items
EMuShareMem.dll loaded.
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] FileLoadSPDat<> Loading spells from spells_en.txt
[Status] FileLoadSpDat<> spells loaded: 3235
[Status] Loading guilds

wannabe
04-30-2003, 03:26 AM
Anyone have any ideas? Or is there some information I forgot to post? :P I've been reading through ALL hte posts in ALL the sections.

Lurker_005
04-30-2003, 01:07 PM
Did you check that there is a eqemu user in the user table? If not you have to add it yourself. Do a serch for how, many people have posted the info.

wannabe
04-30-2003, 07:23 PM
Yeah there is an eqemu user, it's currently set to ServerOP status, 200.

I gave up on search. I've just been reading all the messages in all the forums. I start at the newest and work my way back to the last page.

Using the EQEmu Admin Tool 4.5 Here's the info.

ID 1
Name eqemu
charname oloof
pakencrypt (BLOB)
password eqemu
status 200
Isaccount_id
gmspeed 0

Account Status ServerOP

wannabe
04-30-2003, 10:38 PM
At the recommendation of another user in another thread I changed the Isaccount_id to 0 instead of null. Same error.

I had LoY installed originally, however I also went in and uninstalled EQ altogether and reinstalled without adding LoY, same error.

wannabe
05-02-2003, 04:17 AM
Anyone giving this a crack? Maybe more info I can add?

wannabe
05-05-2003, 11:51 PM
I'm trying really really hard to be patient and understanding.

I've got this working upto the point of loggin in. Then I get 1002, patch.

I cannot patch. I was told that this install will work, run and allow me to play even if I can't patch.

I've included all the documents that were requested of me and I've been through almost every single friggin post on this message board.

I'm not a tech n00b. From my understanding it should be working. With the small exception of getting the current version fixed.

So how do I get it fixed if I can't patch?

Thanks in advance.

a_Guest03
05-06-2003, 01:42 AM
Has it been patched to live after the 1/9/03 patch? If so, you MUST patch. If you can't get patcher to work because of internet problems, take your computer to another location and patch.

ednecro
05-06-2003, 01:45 AM
Dude, what are they supposed to do to help you when you dont even have an internet connection. If you can post to this board
you can run the patcher program and be done with it. This program works with another program that constantly patches. Therefore versions get mixed up. It would also be good for you to continue to be patient and understanding. Remember, they provide this program for free and they do not have to help you. This aint microsoft ya know. I bet if you just ran the patcher you would be done in 25 minuites or so and it would probably work.

wannabe
05-06-2003, 03:27 AM
I see you don't understand. Allow me to be more specific.

I'm on a government Computer. I cannot load software on it. Even if I desperately wanted to becuase I don't have administrator rights.

The ONLY internet connection in 50 miles is the government internet connection and it's only allowed on government computers.

Browsing websites and posting on message boards is the ONLY activity I'm allowed to do in my spare time on these machines.

I'm not supposed to be downloading anything to the harddrives. So far they've let me get away with downloading files, burning them to disc and then transfering them to my laptop, so long as I keep deleting them right afterword off the harddrive.

I cannot hook my laptop upto the network. Period. I try and I get in so much trouble I'll probably never work for the government again.

There is NO internet connection for me to patch with. The EQ installation has NEVER been patched. It's straight off the Install CD.

I'm not allowed to go anywhere either.

Let me repeat this.

I asked if I would be able to install and run this software on one machine, and play EQ using it. I stated I did not have the ability to patch. I was told it's possible.

How?

In another 5-8 months I won't be here, I'll be home and able to hook up to Sony servers again. It won't be a problem then, but I really was hoping to be able to continue playing the game while I'm here. Even if it was by myself.

wannabe
05-06-2003, 03:36 AM
Oh and I find your Microsoft reference totally disrespectful of the people working on this project.

Microsoft is full of the biggest nobrainer ^(*^&(Tards that ever graced IT(Informational Technology) with their presence.

I've seen MORE customer support here in one day than I've ever heard from MS in 5 years.

One reason I'm going Linux when I get back home.

I hate Microsoft with a passion. SOE customer service is a step above and they have none.

Trumpcard
05-06-2003, 04:40 AM
There is no way to take an off the cd eq installation, and to modify it without an internet connection. At a minimum, you will need to get the fix files for the 1/9 version and install them, but I really dont see you being able to do it.

I would recommend when you are home for a weekend or have access to an internet machine, to get a version working via the patcher, burning that copy to a cd, and transferring it to your laptop.

Without the client files in the correct state, there is going to be no way to play.

Don't know what else to suggest, sorry.

wannabe
05-07-2003, 12:13 AM
:/ unfortuneatly I don't get to go home or anywhere else for a weekend.... until my mission is done.

I'm trying to see if some fellow guildies are willing to put a second install of EQ on their drive, patch it, patch it with the EQEMu patcher and then burn it all to disc for me and mail it.

I'm hoping one will.

So at this point there is no way to set this up without patching?

damn. was worth a shot I guess.

Thanks for the replies.

ednecro
05-07-2003, 02:13 AM
Really are they tards? Good luck playing eq on linux, and by the way even a microsoft tech knows the basics of troubleshooting. I guarentee you no on has ever fixed a PC by whining on it. If you are frustrated with setting this up wait until you get on linux...lol. And what the heck are you playing eq on a goverment PC for anyway?

Oh and to say somthing productive, no there is no way to get this running w/out patching. But if they send it to you that will work. lots of luck.

wannabe
05-07-2003, 03:35 AM
Ed you really need to "read" what I wrote.

I'm NOT playing EQ on a government computer. I'm using my PERSONAL laptop, which I cannot hookup to the net. If I was playing on a government computer I COULD PATCH.

I've been playing with Linux since Redhat 6.2 and it's more stable and even more productive than any microsoft product today. By my experience and standards. I'm currently playing with 9.

You CAN play EQ on EQ live servers using linux as well. I also see people using EthernalQuest and EQEMu on linux. I just haven't loaded it on all of my machines yet.

As for tech support I seriously think your wrong. I've called microsoft many times when I've encountered bugs or problems with their software, I always get the first level tech support who's in college and reading off preprogrammed screens that he keeps typing my questions into. He insists he can help me and refuses to pass me up to higher level tech support. I eventualy end the call without ever figuring out the "REAL" Problem. An FDisk/Format/Reinstall usually solves the issues .... temporarily. But that's the method for most any windows problem.

Hell, most MCSE certified people aren't worth the paper their certificate is written on. I don't like Bill Gates and I don't like what he's incorporating into his software packages. I don't like MS watching what we are doing on our machines and I don't think they should be able to sell software with that many bugs, security holes and problems.

And I really meant that. You get ALOT more support here than I've ever seen from Microsoft. :)

But this is an entirely different discussion.

ednecro
05-07-2003, 03:59 AM
If you can post the version of wine and linux os that will push the
eq client I will believe you. Redhat 6.2? Thats funny!You certainly are a vetran...not! I have been using unix and linux since freeBSD, and slackware was just an idea. I know a hell of alot about unix and linux, but I will never claim to be elite because there is always someone out there who knows more then you do. Linux is reliable if you make it reliable. And unix based os's have always been more reliable then any MS product(but preaching to the choir on that one) Also there is no os in the universe that does not have security problems (so buy a router already.) I get so tired of you "I hate microsoft " people who want to play the linux card and feel superior. I have run both OS's for years and never see half the problems people complain about. I have said my self that the support here is 10x better then microsoft, but the reason a microsoft tech tells you to re-install is because they have 15 minutes to get you off the phone like half of the other tech support lines in the world. I have never had to call a microsoft tech because problems with windows are nothing 5-10 minutes of basic troubleshooting wont solve. Re-installing windows takes 10 minutes. (use ghost.exe or somthing productive) So flame me if you want but before you get all huffy about paying attention to detail and telling me "read" what I wrote.
Maybe you should have read you everquest manual, and mabey you would have a clue that you needed an internet connection. :evil:

ednecro
05-07-2003, 05:01 AM
Ok, I wont be lame on this. It looks as if Mandrake 8.1 does actually have winex that supports OpenGL and direct X.
They can run "castle wolfenstein" and "the sims" on it.
So I guess that means that EQ in theory might be able to run.
Has anyone who may happen to be reading me an wannabe's pointless spitball fight ever actually seen it work?

a_Guest03
05-07-2003, 06:16 AM
I used Transgaming's (http://www.transgaming.com) winex tool, and got Everquest to install, but my OPENGL wouldn't work because of an unrelated video driver problem. I have played Diablo 1 (which they claim is not possible at this time), but wasn't able to save my character because "it's impossible" to play it. Diablo 1's problems saving a character were probably related to spoofing a computer name, which is vital to saving characters in Winblows. I got Diablo II to work, and civilization 3. They work pretty damn well. Diablo II was a good time - it installed right off the CD and put a shortcut on my KDE desktop and everything. I DID have problems with mounting CDs, as I didn't have supermount.

Everquest install was pretty straightforward, and I got EQLive patch to work. I was unable to get eqemu patcher to work at that time in Linux. I couldn't forge the right Windows binary type.

I had screenshots for my Linux install, but I wiped through a few installs trying to get my nvidia.o driver to work, and I don't know if I saved those shots or if I erased them to install Windows over the backup partition.

As far as I know by screenshots (http://www.transgaming.com/screenshots.php?gameid=10) I've seen on Transgaming's (http://www.transgaming.com) website, EQ is playable. As for my own experiences, I don't think eqemu patcher would work. There IS a way around this, with eqfix.zip, but I wouldn't dare post it here for fear of retribution from the board moderators.

Check the transgaming forums (http://www.transgaming.com/postlist.php?forum=14) if you need advice setting it up.

I use Slackware Linux 8.1, with KDE 3. I don't use most of the fluffy distributions, but I might switch to something simpler in the near future and save slackware for server space.

ednecro
05-07-2003, 06:31 AM
Ok, now ya got my attention. Funny how this started cause I'm
actually contemplating mandrake for one of my pc's. :shock:

The only thing is the issues poseted:

http://www.transgaming.com/postlist.php?forum=14

About the seizure warnings in fullscreen mode or after login. It seems on some systems you keyboard and mouse stops working...

But still, its a good start!!!
Thanks for the info

a_Guest03
05-07-2003, 07:13 AM
When I worked at Bellsouth Internet Services and their side project, Internet Call Waiting, I had a 6:15 time limit. My average was 4:45.

Our high-level tech support had 12 minutes. It's amazing how much you can get done in 4 minutes when you hear the same problems every day, 30 times a day.

Our registration calls had 15 minutes.

ednecro
05-07-2003, 07:23 AM
6:15!!! wow that getting pretty tight. But I guess not bad for repeater issues. I have a 10 minute time limit actually. Average call about 5-7. When I worked for Symantec supporting norton antivirus platinum corperate products they gave us 30 minutes per call!!!
Those were the days, but unfortunatly the calls averaged from 15-18 minutes. except of course on mailissa weekend I must of stuck my nose into more then 80 exchange servers doing the same fix over and over. Average calls were like 6 minutes then. Thank goodness im not there anymore, although they are an awsome company to work for. You get free soda's popcorn and videogames in the break room, in house health club and free parking :D