PDA

View Full Version : Kicking Players... The Easy way.

UrineTrouble
05-03-2003, 10:29 AM
As of last night... i transformed my Non-Legit Server (The Abyss) into an Auto-GM server.

Dumb idea, right? Well, i figured i'd let people who've played EQ live start populating areas that havent been done yet. And they're doing a GREAT job. PoTactics is on its way to completion (Thanks Krush!)

But then, one of my lead-GMs found a way that anyone can #kick players. Now, i don't mind if he does it... He is my lead-gm, and has my total confidence.... but being an Auto-GM server, This could get abused. In a horrible way.

Lets just say you have a Player named... Legolas. Yes, it's cliche, but im having a hard time thinking of original character names right now.

Now, #kick won't work for anyone BUT server-ops. I made DAMNED sure of that. But if Mr. Legolas is pissing you off... Or you feel like being an idiot... all ya gotta do is #spawn Legolas and BAM, insta-kick. Yes, i know all i gotta fix that is just update my addon.ini to make it so no one but people with status >110 or so can use that command... but then this defeats the purpose of me making it Auto-GM, eh?

Now, my knowledge of programming is limited (JAVA), but i think it's a fair bet to say that there IS a way to fix this... Anyone have any ideas?

fnemo
05-03-2003, 08:48 PM
To be sure there is no abuse ? sure there is a solution :

be sure there is no dumb guy using the commands !