PDA

View Full Version : Item Effects

Everdude02
05-17-2003, 05:01 AM
Well, i'm using FQAdmin 4.5 and attempting to create some custom items from scratch. The problem i'm running into is getting effects on items. I assign a spell to the item, say it is a tunic or something, set the charges to -1, and choose the option triggered. However, when I get on my server and inspect the item, the effect is not visable and isn't activated when I try to right click it. I have tried messing with the trigger options, but still nothing. My current mini-login server is using just the DB.sql that came with version 4.3, no add-ons. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

IANumtin
05-17-2003, 05:07 AM
I'm unsure myself. I have the exact problem you do. I have, however, found that the effect will work on a weapon as a proc even though it doesn't show it in the stats when you right click on the item.

Vaft
06-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Neither of the item editors create item effects properly. It hasn't worked in months. I gave up on trying to create items because of this.

mangoo
06-12-2003, 09:22 AM
make sure you have Magic set to 1

Topgun1969
06-19-2003, 08:52 AM
I went back to 4.5 after trying to attempt magic items in 4.6. It would give me too many errors. When i went to 4.5 i had this problem and suddenly realized that when i created the new item and submitted it. It changes the Item# different than the ID# that i created it at. All i had to do was correct the item# to match the designated ID# and resubmit the entry. Then i was on my way making custom equipment. I don't make anything past 32600 as it ask's. I just look for open lines in between. Also on the item procs i matched it's settings with something similar in Kaiyodi's editor then my item's proc and show's their effects. Is there anyway to get 4.6 working with this or does it make any difference?