PDA

View Full Version : okay still get 1017 error

bosmer23
05-19-2003, 02:01 AM
okay i tried using 235A beta,got to the servers and selected one and still got 1017 errror message,and i have no idea how to fix it,i already used the patcher,its in the EQ directory.From this point on i have no idea what to do???????????????????

I don't know how to check to see if i am behing a firewall or whatever you call it.This is really getting ti me,if anyone can point me in the right direction or just tell me what i am doing wrong then it would be much appreciated.

i did everything the readme said to do,and i am still having problems out the ying yang.

a_Guest03
05-19-2003, 04:33 AM
Run eqemu patcher, then post what it says. I can probably help you then.

ravortis
05-19-2003, 08:45 AM
im having the same problem. it patched correctly, i didnt get any errors. but now when i try to connect to an eqemu server i get error msg 1017. is it because im using original eq with no xpacs maybe?

bosmer23
05-19-2003, 10:53 AM
I run the patcher,and it says i am missing files ,then it says its okay to run EQ

*shrugs* heck if i know

bosmer23
05-19-2003, 10:55 AM
Well it says that its okay for eqemu to run it.

sado196
05-20-2003, 04:47 AM
I had the same problem last night and was about to reply with a "me too" when I got it working.

I thought I had installed the patcher program in the right directory, but I screwed up and misspelled it. Double check that. If it was installed correctly, try executing that patch.exe file from within the main EQ directory. Also, click the check box that says to start up EQ once the patcher is done and try running it without doing the EQWin thing.

Its not by the books, but it worked for me and I thought we were having the same exact problem last night.

a_Guest03
05-20-2003, 07:42 AM
That's the exact solution, sado. Again, thanks for saving me the trouble.

ravortis
05-21-2003, 11:42 AM
when you say patch.exe i hope you mean eqemupatcher.exe..
anyways deleted my original patcher and re-downloading into eq folder. gonna see if it works
EDIT: AHH I SEE MY MISTAKE NOW, THANKS SADO, and aGUEST!