PDA

View Full Version : Patch sais couldn't connect to server.

Zamaar1
05-19-2003, 11:31 PM
When i start the patch.exe it sais can't connect then terminating, when i try using without patching i get 1017 error obviously, plz help!

Xero
05-22-2003, 09:35 AM
i'm also having trouble with this problem. the patch program is installed in the correct directory and all, i've installed the MS data access components, no luck. reinstalled etc.

also been searching for a working link for eqfix.zip because the patcher does not work for me.

:confused:

i recently reinstalled everquest and am attempting to get it to the correct version to run the emulator, any help would be appreciated.

comp is, 1.4ghz AMD, 128 DDR, 512k broadband, windows xp pro

a_Guest03
05-22-2003, 05:56 PM
Disable firewalls, and if that fails, try another ISP. That's all we know to fix it now.

cmask13
05-26-2003, 03:12 AM
I also have the problem and i'm unable to connect to the patch server. Every thing is installed (EQclassic full+official patch+Eqemu+MDAC_typ) but the problem is still the same!
I try an installation without firewall or anti virus in action but no more luck!!
I don't know what means ISP (sorry i speak french) and i need many many help to be able to play the game

Help me

Thx

DeletedUser
05-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Who is your isp?

echo211
05-27-2003, 01:05 AM
:( No ISP will let me use the patcher :(

Any chance of a dl/able patch?? to help poor people like me

xelnagan
05-27-2003, 01:08 AM
It's said there's a problem with broadband internet connections connecting(I don't have a problem, but apparently a lot of people do) to the patch server. What I've read works is to plug in a modem and use a temporary ISP to download the patch.

- Xelnagan

luvmyhonda
05-27-2003, 01:21 AM
OK, I get the same error sometimes, All I ever need to do to fix it is run Sony's patcher. Don't have it d/l the files or anything, just get in to Sony's patcher, and then run the EQ emu patcher. It happens for me frequently, but that always fixes it. Hope it works for u too.

Trumpcard
05-27-2003, 02:46 AM
The thing is, it shouldnt happen to you frequently...

Anyone who has a working version of EQEMU, and doesnt make a copy of it to use to play on the EQEMU servers, is bound to stop working eventually.

MAKE A COPY OF THE WORKING VERSION, AND NEVER PATCH IT.

Use 2 different EQ directories, one for live, one for eqemu, and don't use the patcher to flip back and forth between them.

luvmyhonda
05-28-2003, 04:08 AM
I DON'T PLAY ON LIVE (sorry for shouting, just thought you wouldn't hear me otherwise ;-) hehe. Seriously, for some reason it happens intermittently, don't know why, but it takes two sec. to fix, and that works every time. Being a programmer myself, I realize that no matter how well you code an app, it will run variantly on different platforms. I mean, I'm using WinME on my overclocked machine, and I'm sure others with WinME run it fine, but for my particular configuration, it trips something every once in a while that makes it necessary for me to run Sony's patcher, and then your patcher. I prefer not to play windowed, or I'd use EQW like everyone else. Anyway, I know what you're saying about not patching more than once though.

Trumpcard
05-28-2003, 04:42 AM
Once you patch and get it working, delete the patcher from your system completely, you should never need it again. I've had the same version of eq/eqemu since november of last year, and I've never required outside files/patch.. Your files could conceivably get corrupted, but the probablity is low. Much lower than the patcher screwing up your install.

The patcher, though a nice idea, was never completely finished when the developer working on it had to run off to take care of real world issues. As such, you can't count on it working the same way twice.

luvmyhonda
05-29-2003, 04:18 AM
Do you have access to the sourcies for that patcher? I haven't looked around, but you seem like a nice guy, so I figured I'd ask you before poking around SourceForge. Maybe if you have the sourcies, we could get it into a more...workable model? maybe make it look prettier at least ;-) lol what I'm saying is, I'd be willing to help. Don't know if you guys care or want help, but just trying to be friendly and contribute to the community.