PDA

View Full Version : Seems like the program is hanging....

Jalamorf
05-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Ok, so I'm fairly new to the EQEmu scene....

About a week ago, I was able to login with no problems, and created 2 characters on the same server. Played them each for about 1-2 hours apiece.

I tried logging on yesterday morning. Connected to the login server just fine. Selected my desired server, and connected just fine. The problem comes right after I select my character. Sometimes after I click "Enter World" and before I actually get IN the game, the program seems to be hanging, since I can't see my mouse cursor, like I usually can, with EQWindows beta 2.32.

I tried the "Uninstall the patcher, patch EQ with Live servers, reinstall the patcher" fix, but that had no effect. I still can't logon to my desired server.

Any ideas?

IAVegetto91
05-23-2003, 01:01 PM
Its probably under construction or something that happened to me on some non legit servers that's why I connect to others. :lol:

Jalamorf
05-23-2003, 03:41 PM
No, I know that's not the problem, because my friends can log into that server just fine.

Thanks for the info, though.

JimmyZJr
05-24-2003, 10:36 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I think I am experiencing the same thing... I can make a character easy enough, but when I try to zone or log back in on the same character the game crashes. Sadly enough, it happens on both EQEmu servers and my own local server that I finally got running (well, running w/o any npcs, items, or doors... but that's another issue entirely ;) ) I updated everything I could to no effect... just hoping someone might have some insight ;)

Jalamorf
05-26-2003, 07:34 AM
More info....

Ok, so I have toasted a total of 3 characters now.

The problem occurs when I try to zone. In the middle of the zoning process, the game just hangs. The 3 times it has happened to me, I hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and killed the process. I don't know if I should have waited for the game to boot me back to the login screen, but I kind of got tired of waiting.

It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it appears to corrupt my character, or something of that nature, because if I create a new character, everything works just fine again.

Creating new characters every couple days has gotten kind of tedious though. :roll:

Any ideas?

Dantos
05-26-2003, 11:36 AM
I get that exact same problem. My Paladin on Krusher's server is bugged now because of that, and I can't play him. I have had a GM move him to a more stable zone and I still can't log him on. I just stay at that "EverQuest" screen that you see just before you can control your character. The same happened to my Enchanter, Happiest. I am just waiting for the time that my main Dantos gets corrupted and then I have to start all over.

DeletedUser
05-26-2003, 04:22 PM
We know there is a problem with characters getting "stuck" like this. We are trying to figure out why. Some strange things happen.

This is what I have noticed:
1) Another person on your account can login your character just fine.
2) You can't log them in until another person does or they are moved
3) It keeps happening
4) It usually happens when the "mysql" server is under a higher load (from what I have seen)
5) It usually never happens to me (Im special).

xelnagan
05-27-2003, 01:02 AM
I think a lot of it has to do with zone bootup failures and incorrect zone safe points. I was manually going through my Database correcting safe points and I was booted several times. The reason why I believe it's safe points is because only certain parts of the zone will place you under the world or at a safe location, the other parts are blocked data...

- Xelnagan