PDA

View Full Version : creating a database

Newmer60
06-02-2003, 08:33 AM
Hey im trying to make a server and im at the part where i type in create database eq; blah blah.

Everything goes fine until I type in source reloaddb.sql;

After i type that in i get "Query OK...." for like 6 secs then i get "ERROR 1054 Unknown colum 'MR' in 'Field List'.

Then it goes back to "Query OK..."

Then i get some more errors but they aren't long, and thereforce i can not tell what they say. Something about city defense.

But anyway, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

loudent2
06-02-2003, 08:44 AM
It' normal to get a few beeps when sourcing in a new database so unless there are additional symptons I wouldn't worry about it.

Newmer60
06-02-2003, 09:10 AM
It's more than a few beeps. It goes for about 20seconds, then stops, then starts. And when I run world.exe, I get all sorts of errors.

loudent2
06-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Well there could be a number of problems. Make sure you're starting with a clean db.sql and that it is the same version for the sourcing .sql.

Also make sure you're using the right binaries for the database. You can go to the world building forum and find a zip with both the binaries and the databases all together so you're sure to get the right versions.

If that doesn't help you'll have to post the errors world.exe gives you.

Newmer60
06-02-2003, 12:11 PM
Thanks i'll try that

Newmer60
06-02-2003, 12:19 PM
Ok I redownloaded Drawdes but I was using the right version. I ran World.exe and here's what I get. Lots of errors ;)

Failed to connect to database: Error: Access denied for user: 'newmer@127.0.0.1'
(Using password: YES)
EQEMu 0.4.0-Buon Compleanno
Error in GetVariable query 'SELECT value FROM variables WHERE varname like 'hold
zones'' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
Loading zone names & items...
Error in LoadZoneNames query 'SELECT MAX(zoneidnumber) FROM zone' #2006: MySQL s
erver has gone away
EMuShareMem.dll loaded.
Error in GetItemsCount query 'SELECT MAX(id), count(*) FROM items' #2006: MySQL
server has gone away
Error: Database::LoadItems() (sharemem): GetItemsCount() returned -1
...done.
LoginServer.ini read.
Loading guild ranks...Error in LoadGuilds query 'SELECT id, eqid, name, leader,
rank0title, rank1, rank1title, rank2, rank2title, rank3, rank3title, rank4, rank
4title, rank5, rank5title from guilds' #2006: MySQL server has gone away
done.
Loading EQ time of day...Reading time file failed, bytes read: 0
failed.
Formatting drive C:
World server listening on: port 9000
Connected to LoginServer: eqlogin2.eqemu.net:5999

Trumpcard
06-02-2003, 04:37 PM
Failed to connect to database: Error: Access denied for user: 'newmer@127.0.0.1'
(Using password: YES)
EQEMu 0.4.0-Buon Compleanno

1) You have a permissions problem... Fix it... There are about a million posts explaining how..

2) Why use version 0.4.0??