PDA

View Full Version : Item, Spell editors, what about....

Draugr
06-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Hi,
I managed to get my EQemu server running and now I want to begin playing with editing the mobs and the items in my server. I managed to download an editor for creating/editing spells, and items, but one of the most important editors that I can think of doesn't seem to exist. I'm talking about a mob editor. Does anyone know if one exists? I searched the boards but didn't find any. I can imagine how easy it would make designing custom mobs for use within the game. I know certain zones can only have certain mobs due to model issues per zone, but what if someone wanted to create their own versions of the EQ mobs? I'd love to see an editor that did the following.

1. Allow the user to create a new mob from a blank template.
2. Have a nice gui front end that allos the user to enter the name, race, and stats of the mob (HPs, DAM, AC, Lv, Exp, etc...) along with any spells it knows, any special attacks it may have, etc...
3. A possible window frame that would allow the user to go through the list of mob models and display them so the user can see what model he will be using with the current mob creation. ex: A dropdown box that might list the mob name and then above it in a little picture window it would show the actual model.
4. The ability to equip the mob with items that it will A) Use and B) Drop.

Well, thats just a quick thought. I wish I knew enough about programming as I'd try to design something like that. Alas, I don't. :( Does anyone know if an editor like this exists or if anyone is working on something like this?

Any info is appreciated
John