PDA

View Full Version : Run-time error - Class not registered?

Hisoka44
06-03-2003, 05:14 PM
Hey.... I am currently running Windows XP and using a fresh Original EQ install patched up to the legacy of ykesha (1.0.25). I installed the EQEMu patcher 1.0.1 file into the Everquest directory and ran it and got this message:

"Run-time error '-2147221164 (80040154)':

Class not registered"

and it crashes out. Not sure what to do at this point, did I patch EQ too far? do I have to wait for another EQEmu version to come out? currently I can log into the login server and see the server list but each server I select just gives me the unable to connect to patch server message.

Hope someone can help me out, and I appologize if this is an already discussed issue, I searched the forum as best I could but found no one with this error, and I checked all similar errors like the mdac sp1 and checking the directory etc etc, but nothing works.... I'm also wondering if I need all the expansions installed to play on these servers or not?

Thanks for reading this, if anymore information is required to determine the problem just let me know what to list ;)

-X-

a_Guest03
06-04-2003, 02:00 AM
You installed the mdac_typ.exe on your computer? I would think that would fix it.

Hisoka44
06-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Nope, installed mdac_typ.exe, went and installed all the updates from windows update, installed visual basics runtime files, uninstalled and reinstalled EQ, did everything I could think of in order to get it to work - same damn error everytime.....

had hoped it was gonna be something simple that people knew how to fix, booo.... :(

Hisoka44
06-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Anyone have an answer to this problem yet? :(

a_Guest03
06-12-2003, 05:44 AM
Use English version eq. I heard French had a problem - fnemo, can you verify?