PDA

View Full Version : AHHH-THE FRUSTRATION!

C1337H4XX0R
06-04-2003, 12:40 PM
[color=red]ok, i'm trying to make my own server. I have literaly tried 17 times to get it to work, i have followed ALL the readme's instructions word for word, and its ok until i get to the spot where i have to open World.exe and Boot5zone. when i try to open them they come up and i can tell they are saying something but it closes in baout .1 milisecond so i cant tell what its telling me. like i said i have done exactaly what the readme says. for god sakes someone help me and figure out what im doing wrong before i thorugh this computer out the damn window. just someone walk me through it somehow, i have made it through the end and i understand what to do but obviosly im doing somthing wrong. email me Rx178mk23@msn.com or just post here if you can help
thanks

Hardy
06-04-2003, 04:32 PM
You better be glad that you didn't do the font color right, I don't even read the posts with red font, its annoying.

If you are using 4.3, try 4.4dr1, that fixed the problem for me.

C1337H4XX0R
06-05-2003, 04:42 AM
where do i get the 4.4 ive looked all over the place for it, all i get is 4.3. any links? o and its not the problem with my IP i already tried to trouble shoot it, its not that i misplaced somthing. so t 4.4 works ill just shoot the computer. the thing is ver up to date, so its not comp either... o well.

loudent2
06-05-2003, 07:56 AM
You can also run world.exe in a dos window so it doesn't go away and then post what it says.

Hardy
06-05-2003, 08:05 AM
Get 4.4dr1 here: http://galileo.spaceports.com/~eqspace/4.4dr1.zip
You will need to copy/paste link into browser.

IAtommy_pitts
06-09-2003, 05:44 AM
Dude i had the same prob and the way i fixed it was to of course make sure the boot5zones said 127.0.0.1 for YourIP

Anyway go to your command prompt (start | run)
and type
(win 98/ME) command
(win 2000/xp) cmd

A command prompt should come up.

Then type;

cd c:\mysql\bin (press enter)
mysql.exe --user=root(press enter)
use eq(press enter)
GRANT ALL ON *.* to 'mysqlusername'@'127.0.0.1'(press enter)
IDENTIFIED BY '*.*';(press enter)

It then should say 0 rows effected

if doesn't work the try to get a screen shot when your run the boot5zones.bat (press the print screen next to F12 key)
then go to your wordpad or word and press Ctrl+V...
When you paste the screen shot and you can't read one of the zones then, keep trying. it can be frustrating but trust me that i tried about dozen and a 1/2 times before i could see it.

In the screen shot you should see

"Access denied for blah blah blah"

what ever the blah blah blah is change the 'mysqlusername'@'127.0.0.1' to with the appropriate quotes in it.

GRANT ALL ON *.* to 'mysqlusername'@'127.0.0.1'(press enter)
IDENTIFIED BY '*.*';(press enter)

still dosen't work then try to put your password also where it says

IDENTIFIED BY '*.*';

change the '*.*'; to 'yourcurrentmysqlpassword';

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!