PDA

View Full Version : Constant disconnect to char select

Terminal Delta
06-05-2003, 10:14 AM
I'm Kinda curious of why it constanly crashes to char select. I'm pretty sure its probally a bug.. I know more then I have it.

I think it has to something to do with spells ending, to many creatures in the zone in a small area(makes it go faster), or very fast fighting

Im not sure though..

Hardy
06-05-2003, 10:38 AM
Have you tried a few servers?

Terminal Delta
06-05-2003, 01:01 PM
Yes I have.
4 or 5 now.. I have a 40 warrior on one

Hardy
06-05-2003, 01:16 PM
If you have a 40 warrior, is the crashing just random then? You had to of gotten on that server some how.

Terminal Delta
06-05-2003, 04:09 PM
I play for like 5 -25(longest so far) sessions, then it boots me to char select. But I can reconnect..

I just wonder why it does that.

Varqy
06-05-2003, 08:57 PM
I have the same problem, Terminal. The session times vary, but between 5 and 25 minutes seems right. Sometimes even sooner than that. Just, poof, back to char select. I tried other servers as well - same situation.

LiquidIce
06-05-2003, 09:22 PM
it might just be the server your trying to join has high ping..... when i tried to play on raid addects server i get disconnected every time im creating a char regardless of whats going on and when i did get a char going when there was 4 peeps in the server the lag was horribile and i dropped on first zone but yet when I play on Krushers server I can play for hours without crashing even when theres 80 peeps in the server, same with raid addects server... perfect for me. Also a few servers that arnt green are great for me and some are horribile for me.. Maybe this will help... try a different server.

[edit] didnt see that you tried different servers..... i jumped to conclusion

a_Guest03
06-06-2003, 04:00 AM
Do you guys connect via routers or firewalls? Set DMZ to your computer's IP and try again.

Mandrayke
06-18-2003, 04:17 PM
What is DMZ?

Memener
06-18-2003, 05:12 PM
Short for demilitarized zone, a computer or small subnetwork that sits between a trusted internal network, such as a corporate private LAN, and an untrusted external network, such as the public Internet.
Typically, the DMZ contains devices accessible to Internet traffic, such as Web (HTTP ) servers, FTP servers, SMTP (e-mail) servers and DNS servers.

The term comes from military use, meaning a buffer area between two enemies