PDA

View Full Version : Major problems

veggita2099
06-05-2003, 03:13 PM
I so far have just been useing other people's servers. I am constantly going Link Dead (like every 15 min or so) If Im not doing that I am crashing to desktop about ever 3 or 4 zones (or deaths which basically causes it to load the zone again). Also alot of times it just locks up when I go to log into a server. Are these just bugs or is something wrong? I messed around with this program a long time ago (about a year or so) and had the same problems, and I have gotten a completely new PC since then.

a_Guest03
06-06-2003, 03:57 AM
Do you connect to the internet via cable or DSL? Do you have a router? Is your DMZ set to your IP? I had this problem too until I set DMZ on my cable modem to my IP. Haven't crashed since.

veggita2099
06-06-2003, 06:07 AM
I have cable modem access that goes through a router. I do have the firewall disabled on it though. I was on today on that florida server and it stayed connected for a good hour before I logged myself off the proper way. Every other time it has crashed me out some way or another though.

Merth
06-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Sometimes the server will run into a bug and you will "crash" to char select, server select, or desktop. So although there are some things you can do on your end to help, sometimes it's just a bug on the server side (which you have no control over).