PDA

View Full Version : Books n such

DuDeMaN
06-07-2003, 05:04 PM
I've noticed that with my DB came a list of what appear to be some custom books in the books table. Using fqadmin you can edit those. My question is, how would i create some kind of book and add my own personal text to it, so you can read it in game when you right click on it and open it? I've made the item book, and i've written stuff in the little books section type thing, but i'm not sure how to link the two together so that the text actually shows up in the book when you open it...

Any help would be appriceated, thanks :)

*Edit*
btw, I did find this:
http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=1748&highlight=books

but that sill doesn't explain too much... (or that I understand anyway) :-P.. anyone explain a lil further on how to link them, or do whatever it is that needs to be done to get the text to appear? :)

Lurker_005
06-07-2003, 09:34 PM
The filename field in the books table must match the filename portion of the items blob.

So in the books table

filename,booktext=
mybook,this is my custom book.....

and in items
edit the item, make it a book and put mybook in the part defined as the filename

Kaiyodo's item editor isn't setup to handle books, I don't have FQAdmin installed so I don't know if it handles it either.

DuDeMaN
06-09-2003, 02:51 AM
thanks alot for the reply.. I set it up just like you said, still can't seem to get it to work, but I'll just find existing books and rename them and replace the text, thanks again ;)