PDA

View Full Version : Mouse stuck

Lyrik
06-08-2003, 08:17 AM
I run EQW to start EQ and I get the Eula. In normal EQ, my mouse is stuck on the upper left hand corner when Eula pops up...normally I just click my left mouse button and the cursor releases and I can go on with my business...with EQW my cursor is stuck and will not move. I tried CTRL-ALT-R, but it does nothing. Any ideas how to release my mouse cursor?

EDIT: Duh...run the new patcher program =) I was getting 1017 by trying to run EQ with my EQ icon (and re-copying the eqhost.ini back to the directory after patch). Tried starting it with EQW...then finally saw the new patcher icon on my desktop =) Nothing to see here...please move along...

a_Guest03
06-12-2003, 05:51 AM
If the cursor thing is still a problem:

CTRL ESC (loads up the start menu)
rt. click on eqw on taskbar (ON TASKBAR)
select move
Click on the title bar of eqw and drag a hair in any direction.
Release.

That fixes it for me.

vangelis
07-19-2003, 11:39 PM
I have the same probleme but ctrl+escape doesn't work,someone can help me? (je fais un effort moi :p)

vangelis
07-20-2003, 01:31 AM
CTRL ESC (loads up the start menu)
rt. click on eqw on taskbar (ON TASKBAR)
select move
Click on the title bar of eqw and drag a hair in any direction.
Release.

I did this but when I want relaise the game ,I have a crash,someone have a solution?

vangelis
07-20-2003, 01:58 AM
I find the problem,my keyboard doesn't work when the game is launch

I have win xp

Rogean
07-20-2003, 06:01 AM
ctrl alt delete, bring up task manager (this will release mouse) then X out of task manager, mouse should work.

Bigpull
07-20-2003, 11:07 AM
ctrl-alt-z is the defaul binding to release/grab the mouse in eqw 2.35

Supahsensay
07-20-2003, 12:48 PM
Ive sorta got that problem... but once o CTRL ESC out of it to move it.. the screen goes black, and i cant do anythign but Ctrl ESC out fo it again...

Anyone got a clue as to whats goin on? i read the readme and all so i know i got it set up right.

On windows 98 Btw

danipunk
07-20-2003, 02:53 PM
I had this problem and resolved it.

You have to press control+alt+r
to go to the desktop, or write it another to go eqwindow.
It was in the readme,, and for me was good

volcom
07-23-2003, 10:39 AM
i have the same problem my mouse my mouse gets stuck at the eula screen i tried all the stuff yall said and it did not work.
Is their another way to play other than using eqw

Tauren
07-24-2003, 01:33 PM
I'm having this same problem with EQW. I found that if I press Alt+F4 on the first screen, it closes something, and then I can use my mouse again. Though once I get to the login screen, I realize my keyboard doesn't work.
Using Ctrl+Esc, or even the Windows Button, doesn't do anything for me on the first screen. When I use Ctrl+Alt+Delete, the Windows Task Manager pops up, but EQW turns off completely.

UPDATE:
I downloaded the newest version of EQW and I think everything works now. I say I think because when I got to the server selection screen, it said the server was down. I figure I'll just try again later.